The Business Development and Resource Mobilization Division (PSR) leads and coordinates the mobilization of voluntary contributions in support of FAO's strategic priorities. To achieve this, PSR develops market intelligence and outreach for resource partners' engagement, manages the Organization's business development portfolio and oversees the negotiation of agreements in line with standard cooperation frameworks. PSR also coordinates and oversees results reporting to ensure accountability to resource partners.
- Reporting Lines: The Programme Officer reports to the Senior Policy Officer, Outreach, Marketing and Reporting Unit, PSRR.
- Technical Focus: Resource Mobilization, Donor Relations, Grant negotiation, capacity development and programming support.
In accordance with Departmental objectives and FAO's Strategic Objectives, coordination in support of the mobilization of voluntary contributions, focusing on sustainable agriculture, production climate change adaptation and mitigation, environmental restoration, rural development, food and nutrition security, and resilience; facilitation/negotiation/formalisation of grant agreements; decentralized network on Resource Mobilization coordination; capacity development and programming support and marketing; outreach and reporting to partners; guidance and support to units responsible for operating projects.
- Plans and develops annual work plans to achieve divisional targets in assigned areas;
- Collaborates in strategic thinking and related plans to further develops and facilitates implementation of the Corporate Resource Mobilization and Management Strategy (RMMS;
- Ensures support to FAO's Strategic Objectives teams, headquarters departments and Decentralized Offices to mobilize resources partnerships in line with defined corporate priorities;
- Initiates contact with potential partners to explore funding opportunities, leads negotiations of funding agreements and project proposals with governments, international organizations, private sector and civil society partners; maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the project cycle, including to support implementation, facilitates monitoring and compliance issues and ensures submission of reports, as required;
- Facilitates capacity development efforts in support of staff in all locations with regard to Resource Mobilization partnerships through policy development, the production of training material and delivery of training;
- Organizes and facilitates marketing and outreach activities related to FAO's Strategic Objectives and defined priority areas; facilitates donor meetings, events and outreach campaigns;
- Facilitates the global Resource Mobilization and ensures support is provided to Regional Initiatives teams; monitors and reports on key results.
- Provides insights into trends of the development finance market, and facilitates the development of thematic and partner-specific outreach and marketing strategies for resource mobilization, in close consultation with all relevant departments and offices.
- Coordinates the preparation of resource partner consultative meetings, thematic briefings, resource mobilization events, outreach missions and other activities for the implementation of FAO's outreach strategies.
- Supervises the production of resource mobilization outreach material, including digital material, as part of thematic or partner-specific outreach and marketing strategies, in close collaboration with all relevant departments and offices, in particular the Office for Corporate Communications (OCC).
- Leads efforts in the implementation of the resource mobilization-related digital outreach and marketing strategy, in close collaboration with OCC and other relevant departments and offices.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Advanced university degree in international development, development economics, international law, business administration
- Seven years of relevant experience in international development, donor aid programmes, fundraising, grant negotiations and management
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing relations and outreach with partners
- Experience in marketing and advocacy in the context of international cooperation is an asset
- Demonstrated skills and experience in fundraising and marketing in the context of international cooperation