World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 35 development and relief programmes in 20 Districts across the country.
At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
The position will be responsible to provide support for the Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs Department in the development of quality proposals / concepts and ensure smooth implementation of relief, recovery and rehabilitation projects. This position will support and lead when required the Emergency Response across the country in ADP areas and other locations during emergencies. This position will play a very strategic role in mobilizing resources and liaising with donors.
- Support HEA Manager in formulation of HEA strategy in alignment with the Country Strategy.
- Assist the Manager HEA in implementing the strategy and the business plan that had been developed.
- Maintenance of the National Emergency Relief and Preparedness Fund
- Develop quality programs, outputs and the implementation of project activities in terms of relief, recovery & rehabilitation projects.
- Grants and private funded programmes successfully managed in relation to reporting,
- monitoring, cash flow
- Good financial and operational audit results and evaluation reports. Ensure
- Monitor physical and financial progress of Grant/ PNS projects Negotiate for CF
- Facilitate donor liaison & advocacy to resource operations plan to address humanitarian need.
- Efficient delivery of the project.
- Reporting done in a timely manner.
- Stories and recommendations etc. captured and communicated effectively
- Support and drive the ADPs and other Disaster Prone areas in times of Humanitarian Emergency through a consultative process of the staff of HEA and other stakeholders.
- Support all Humanitarian Emergencies in the country with utmost efficiency and facilitate resources mobilization.
- NDMT selection and capacity building
- In consultation with HEA Manager & Operations – select and equip National Disaster Management Team [NDMT] to be quickly deployed in emergencies
- Support Finance in the allocation and tracking of response funding to ensure response strategic priorities are funded and effective leveraging of available funding
- Support Finance to establish a grant management system to ensure fulfilment of donor.
- Participate in strategic networks and alliances internally and externally in relation to HEA programming directly and in assistance of WVLs other ministries, where applicable, for the furtherance of HEA’s efforts pertaining to integration, transition and mainstreaming of Disaster Management to contribute toward the organization’s objectives and interests.
- Manage warehouse stocks at National Office, instructions given to focal points of the 04 warehouses for the movement of stocks. Responsible for Warehouse maintenance. Work closely with logistics team.
- All reports of projects run by HEA to be uploaded to Horizon.
- Monthly Management Reports from HEA is sent to OPS Director each month in a timely manner
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences or equivalent with DRR knowledge, plus field experience in relief, rehabilitation and in development
- Strong familiarity or experience with the workings of a nonprofit organization and with non-profit;
- Strong familiarity or experience with the workings of INGO’s and World Vision in particular;
- Ability to multi-task with several complex and demanding concurrent projects;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Experience in liaising and networking with donors and partners within and outside the country
- Excellent analytical /problem solving skill and detail orientation
- Knowledge of areas and sectors of operations
- Ability to travel 25% (or as required)
- Emotional maturity and commitment to the tasks at hand
- At least five years experience leading teams and/or projects in the same or similar industry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present clear and concise guidelines;
- Proven ability in program implementation, budget managing, reporting and evaluation
- Strong commitment to build and work in a team environment
- Self directed and able to provide exemplary spiritual leadership to the team