Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM is implementing a Migrant Presence Monitoring (MPM) programme in Turkey jointly with the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) in order to provide a comprehensive summary of locations, numbers and basic characteristics of mobile populations of all categories in Turkey. Programme activities are based on methodology and operational implementation of IOMs Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) model.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator and in coordination with DTM Operations Officer, DTM Regional and Global Support (HQs) Teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management, implementation and coordination of the Migrant Presence Monitoring (MPM) Programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of all operational aspects of the Migrant Presence Monitoring (MPM) Programme in Turkey in line with the plan approved by the Government and ensure timely delivery of planned outputs and outcomes in line with the respective programme documents.
- Liaise and coordinate with the designated government counterpart (DGMM) on the development and implementation of joint activities related to MPM. Maintain constructive working relationship with all national and international stakeholders relevant for the implementation of data collection activities.
- Support the DGMM in, and provide inputs and guidance for, the development of country wide strategy of the data management and information collection on migration flows.
- Design, plan and coordinate the field assessments with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about population mobility, migrant presence, migration trends and flows and any other relevant data required.
- Analyze data and prepare corresponding reports and documents, and ensure the production of all other required reports and information products on DTM, including, but not limited to, the analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products in line with DTM Reporting Standards and methodologies.
- Ensure the compilation of and regularly update data on migrants present in Turkey, including information on readmission, and provide timely inputs and advice to regional and HQ teams for further dissemination.
- Support in fundraising for MPM activities by providing regular updates on achievements and further needs to relevant donors.
- Manage programme support staff, prepare and organize training for staff, government and implementing partners on project activities on a regular basis.
- Set up information dissemination mechanism and information sharing among key stakeholders.
- Liaise and represent IOM at meetings and events where MPM program is discussed and present MPM activities and achievements.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Law, Management, Information Management, Disaster Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
- Experience in the development and implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix
- (DTM) or similar assessment and information management activities;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff at an operational level in humanitarian emergencies.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.