Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• The incumbent will be responsible to provide support in the effective implementation of project activities of Water Governance in FATA (Environmental Cell)– Peshawar.
1. PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT:
• Provide technical inputs and support to Team Leader – Water Governance in FATA (Environmental Cell) in carrying out project related activities.
• Coordinate with the Team Leader – Water Governance FATA (Environmental Cell) in implementation of different project activities.
• Coordinate and contribute in the preparation of progress reports, work plans and follow ups.
• Support and coordinate various matters and products e.g. proceedings, minutes of the meetings in relation to the project.
• Provide secretarial support to Team Leader – Water Governance in FATA (Environmental Cell) including typing, faxing, mailing, filing and handling correspondence independently and attending to visitors and telephone calls.
• Preparation of consultants contracts and liaise with HR Unit.
• Ensure adequate supply of stationery for staff; its distribution and inventory of stocks.
• Maintain up to date list of files and reports, etc.
2. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
• Keep track of programme budgets and ensuring that programme expenses are strictly monitored monthly and that monthly expenses are on target.
3. NETWORKING AND REPRESENTATION:
• Coordinate with government, partners, donors, and stakeholders in day to day matters and meetings.
• Organize and facilitate workshops, seminars and meetings of the related project and support in preparations and documentation of the related workshops seminars and meetings.
• Carry out any other relevant tasks as required by and mutually agreed with the line manager/supervisor(s).
• The incumbent should have a Master’s degree or higher in water and environment management.
• At least seven years professional experience, preferably with international organizations.
• Good understanding and clarity on the functioning of FATA Secretariat and collaborative working in Government departments.
• Demonstrated experience of event organization and training and capacity building workshops would be essential.
• Knowledge of project planning and designing will be an added advantage.
• The candidates must be well versed in written and spoken Urdu/English/local language with strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and willing to travel in connection with project activities.