Programme Operations Officer
World Health Organization, New Dehi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
- To support and collaborate with the Member States for further development and implementation of national policies and strategies which ensure equitable and universal access to quality health care:•To improve health of mothers and newborn, children, adolescents, and Ageing.•To strengthen human resource for health with focus on midwifery.•To promote sexual and reproductive health.•To prevent diseases through immunization.•To promote nutrition across life course.•To promote primary health care approach in planning and implementing relevant WHO collaborative programmes in the Member Countries.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Adviser, MCA, the incumbent will perform the following functions in relation to the MCA areas of work:
- Ensure full implementation of governing bodies resolutions and decisions, analyse and prepare follow-up plan of action, liaise with relevant departments/units and prepare periodic progress reports on implementation, highlighting operational bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Analyse programme and human resources proposals for conformity with work plans, highlighting potential operational and financial problems and prepare comments to facilitate decision making
- Provide analytical inputs for financial and operational monitoring of implementation of programmes and prepare periodic reports for discussions in department's meeting, recommending ways to accelerate implementation; assist in monitoring effective use of the human and financial resources of the department.
- Support the harmonization of work with other departments, HQ, national authorities, other UN agencies, various donors, private sector and civil societies.
- Prepare SOPs and checklists for various operations of the department and monitor its effective use; serve as department's focal point in emergency relief and disaster management operations
- Follow-up on recommendations of internal/external audit teams to ensure implementation
- Monitor and evaluate department's group educational activities and technical meetings including follow up on recommendations
- Perform any other duties as assigned within field of competence
Essential: University degree in Public or Business Administration or related field.
Desirable: Training in general administration, project management or related field.
Essential: Minimum 1 year' experience in general administration
Desirable: Experience in WHO, other UN Agencies or in a large multi-national or international organization
- Thorough knowledge of WHO goals, policies, rules and regulations, structure and functions. Knowledge of programme planning, monitoring and evaluation process. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Very good interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability and skills to manage high profile and sensitive/classified information.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
USE OF LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local Language.