Programme Policy Officer
World Food Programme, El Obeid, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Policy Office works in close coordination with Programme, Finance and Supply Chain. The incumbent will report directly to the Head of El Obeid, and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the planning of registration and distribution exercises, and with reporting of achievements against plan as required;
- Assist to prepare registration and distribution exercises and ensure all equipment, material, CP staff/Volunteers, security/crowd control arrangements and transport required for the duration of each exercise.
- Liaise timely with all parties concerned with registration and distribution exercises (Government counterpart, UNHCR, CP, IOM, community leaders, security etc.) to ensure coordinated implementation.
- Ensure all registration and distribution team members are adequately prepared and trained for the registration and distribution tasks at hand.
- Prepare and submit daily registration/distribution reports including issues/risks arising and achievements during registration and distribution exercises ;
- Assist with beneficiary authentication and verify that beneficiary complaints mechanism is working;
- Ensure timely reconciliation of beneficiary numbers reached against payment lists;
- Assist in the implementation of agreed risk mitigation measures as per the approved Risk Matrix, as required;
- Recommend improvements in implementation SOPs, internal controls and Programme design, for review and approval by the AO/CO Programme;
- Assist in cost analysis, assessments, transfer value reviews etc. as required;
- Perform other tasks are required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, OR First University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of three (3) year's work experience related to the role for holders of an advanced university degree and two years of related work experience for holders of a first university degree.
- fluency in both English and Arabic