Programmes and Operations Director
World Vision, Kathamandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To provide strategic leadership to the Programmes and Operations teams.
- To ensure programme designs are efficient, effective, innovative and reach the most vulnerable.
- To ensure funding diversification and growth per the WVIN strategy.
- To ensure quality, effective, efficient and timely implementation of all operations and sponsorship.
- To provide strategic input to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Drives high quality results in programme implementation:
- Strong performance management of Programmes and Operations teams.
- Projects, programmes and sponsorship implemented in timely, effective, relevant and efficient manner.
- Performance of partner NGOs is managed.
- Underspend/overspend not more than 5%.
- All donor requirements for grant-funded and PNS projects are met.
- WVIN is prepared to respond to small –medium sized disasters in a timely, effective, efficient and appropriate manner.
- GC sponsorship standards are met.
- Program Implementation contributes to impact the most vulnerable through appropriate beneficiary selection and geographic targeting.
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other donor reports are submitted on time.
Increase and Diversify Funding:
- 75% of project proposals submitted for funding are accepted and funded.
- WVIN’s funding portfolio is a mix of sponsorship, PNS, bilateral, multilateral and foundation funds.
- Preposition with peers, donors and government for future grant opportunities.
- In collaboration with MEALS Director and Programs and Field Operations team, ensuring availability of evidence of impact of program implementation for pre-positioning and proposal development.
- Ensures the creation of, technically sound programming that focusses on the most vulnerable:
- Design innovative development programmes that reach the most vulnerable children and their families.
- Improve the quality of programme design through technical rigor, evidence and learning and through intelligent risk.
- Ensure WVIN has technical representation on key working groups, committees etc with donors, peers and government.
- Technical programmes are aligned with GoN Line Ministry programmes.
- All Programme and Operations staff have clear performance expectations and individual learning plans.
- Regular coaching of managers.
- Department/unit managers able to meet 85% of department annual goals and within time schedule & budget.
- Create working atmosphere that inspires and motivates staff to pursue excellent performance.
- Manage cohesion among programs, resources development unit and field operations team.
- Manages all Risks associated with Programmes and Operations:
- Acceptable audits and programme evaluations.
- Ensure performance of safeguarding responsibilities and obligations as per organizational policy, guidelines and standards in all WVIN operations.
- Be accountable for the safety and security of WV Field Office teams and assets.
- Ensure all business processes and programming activities of WVIN are in compliance with WV’s policies and standards, as well as relevant external regulations and standards including government’s and donors’.
- Contribute to development and improvements of strategy, policies, procedures and systems for greater effectiveness, efficiency and a healthy organizational life.
- Contribute strategically to Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Create and maintain a working environment that encourages critical thinking, learning and feedback, and strives to improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality of performance.
Professional & Personal Development:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values.
- Demonstrable practice on Servant Leadership qualities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate degree qualification and/or professional qualification in International Development studies, Community Development or any Social Science related degree or MBA.
- Clear strategic and systems thinker.
- Experience and understanding of humanitarian response and/or DRR.
- Strong experience in people management.
- High critical, creative and innovative thinking.
- At least 10-12 years’ experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably in INGO context.
- Developed people in a cross-cultural setting, and initiated and implemented organizational change at leadership level.
- Experience in high level government, IO & UN representation.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Proven experience as a team player.
- Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mature personality and skilled communicator.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in a disaster response.
- Will provide guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to Department/unit Heads and ensure a culture of collaboration and communication is maintained.
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally up to 50% per annum.