World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND GRANT MANAGEMENT
World Vision International Malawi is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christians to fill the vacant position of Senior Programme Officer, Based at National Office Lilongwe Malawi. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership in identifying and acquiring grants and private non sponsorship funding. The position is also responsible for establishing and sustaining relations with diverse donors and building the capacity of local staff in the area of proposal writing, program designing and donor relations.
- Work with support office, regional office and other partners in identifying opportunities for acquiring grants/ private funds
- Write high quality grant proposals consisting of sector best practices or innovation.
- Lead in pre award assessment /research and selection of potential collaborating partners.
- Lead in the revision of call for proposals and conduct GO –NO GO.
Management of donor relations
- Engage with World Vision support office to mobilize resources from their countries
- Engage with public and multilateral donors to mobilize grant funding
- Conduct donor interest mapping
- Participate in meetings to explore new opportunities and strengthen existing opportunities.
Capacity building of local staff
- Build the capacity of local staff in the area of proposal writing, program designing donor relations
- Build the capacity of local staff in understanding donor regulations to ensure compliance
Resource acquisition strategy/business plan development
- Develop and implement the grants and PNS acquisition strategy/ Business plan
- Develop capacity statement for all technical areas
Networking and Collaboration
- Constant engagements with regional office, support office and GC on Grants acquisition matters.
- Engage with other Non state actors (NSAs) with the aim of developing joint proposals
People Management: Manage performance for direct reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masters in development studies, international development or social sciences or related.
- Knowledge of multi sectoral proposal development
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor specific priorities, standards and processes
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Competent use of Microsoft office programmes
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- 5 years demonstrated experience in successful project design, proposal writing, funding acquisitions and donor relations.
- Understanding of PADOR, Gate Way to Grants (G2G) and USG regulations
- Knowledge in programme management
- Knowledge in Design Monitoring and Evaluation