Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Programs, Monitoring and
Evaluation Officer will support the development and implementation of
StARS monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, program reporting,
agency strategic planning, and the identification and development of
funding applications. The PM&E Officer will maintain the
organization’s M&E Plan (logical framework approach), provide advice
to programs on the M&E system, and provide support and guidance on
developing and using M&E Tools. StARS programs are dynamic and must
respond quickly to shifting community needs and available resources. The
M&E system should be flexible to reflect this dynamic environment.
All duties are carried out under the supervision of the Director of Programs.
M&E System, M&E Plan, Reporting Indicators, and M&E Tools
StARS Strategic Plan, Fundraising and Reporting
Support the Director of Programs, if needed, in:
Qualifications and characteristics of the ideal candidate:
● Experience developing or using an M&E plan, particularly
results framework or logical framework approaches, including developing
program theories and indicators.
● Experience using M&E tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
● Experience reporting to donors on and developing performance indicators.
● Familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E.
● Competence using Excel for data analysis. Experience using other database systems or data analysis systems an asset.
● Experience in making successful funding applications and in maintaining relationships with donors.
● Past volunteer or work experience with low budget non-profits or community based organizations an asset.
● Experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written English.Fluency in Arabic an advantage.
● Good communication skills and flexibility to work with diverse programs.
● Relevant academic degree and/or training in fundamentals of M&E.
● Work history demonstrating a commitment to professionalism,
effective communication skills, and the ability to work with a
● Capacity to work both independently and within a team.
How to apply:
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter addressing the role and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line ‘PM&E Officer’.