WorldFish, Georgetown, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
The successful candidate is expected to support country offices/hubs in Asia and Asia-Pacific regions in the following ways:
- From a project budget and donor reporting standpoint, he/she will help the country offices/hubs to adhere to accounting principles and practices, acceptable to the donors, WorldFish and the CGIAR.
- This includes ensuring accounting entries are completely and accurately posted in the system and billings to donors are made on a timely basis.
- From an operational standpoint, he/she will monitor the cash flow requirements of country offices/hubs and ensure timely disbursement of funds for operations in the field.
- He/she is also expected to monitor the amounts due from donors and work closely with Treasury to match in-coming funds from donors.
- From a project management standpoint, he/she will be supporting the respective Project Teams in the field by-
- Ensuring that the financial implications of FTE and budget revisions are made in the system on a timely basis;
- Providing Project Leaders with reports/analysis on expenses/spending, cost recovery and forecasts, and facilitate cross-charging between projects, where needed;
- Ensuring that all project expenses (including the CGIAR’s 2% Cost-sharing Percentage) are booked/posted before the month-end Overhead program run;
- Ensuring that project closure is well-coordinated and planned, and that all closure steps are adhered to e.g. final billings, expenses posted in the system; and
- Facilitating donor audits/reviews and ensure that donor reporting timelines are met.
Minimum qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/economics or a professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA);
- Able to converse and write in the English language proficiently;
- Preferably has hands-on experience with ERP systems; and
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.