World Vision International(WVI), Vahare, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
- Working under the direction of the Project manager and with technical guidance from the Finance Manager the Project Accountant will be responsible for the effective management of the project finances ensuring optimal usage of resources & good stewardship and accountability of the project financial operations in line with the grant guidelines and WV Policies and Procedures.
- He/She will oversee procurement, monitor budget, maintain effective internal controls, manage project asset administration, and be responsible for the preparation of periodic financial reports in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to Grant Agreement, organisational policies & procedures and the WVL Field Financial Manual and accounting standards & principles. The position will:
- Ensure that the day to day financial operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, audit etc., are conducted in a timely manner and in line with WVL Policy and Procedure & the Field Financial Manual.
- Provide required financial/administrative support to the project team & implementing partners ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services in meeting project goals and objectives.
- Assist the Manager in planning and developing project budget in line with the Project Plan of Action and timelines and closing monitoring to ensure delivery as per the Plan
- Prepare and monitor the financial reports and related schedules - inclusive of Advances & Payables Aging Analysis, Update asset register, Bank Reconciliation & submit for posting to SUN6 Database
- Regularly monitor the financial transactions , ensuring project financial accounts are in place and in order & update the project manager of project financial status, bringing to his/her attention areas needing attention to ensure effective management of project financial operations.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part qualification in a recognised professional accounting body(CIMA or ICASL)
- 3 years accounting experience , preferably in a similar environment
- Experience in using MS Office Suite, with good knowledge of MS Excel. Experience in Sun system will be an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to communicate in Tamil and/or Sinhala;
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge in accounting principles and financial system;
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Willing to travel 30% of time between project areas of operation
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity to word in a cross-cultural environment.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/sri-lanka/finance/project-accountant-ancp-north-and-east/5272