Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
- The Pacific Islands Forum was founded in August 1971 and currently comprises 16 independent and self-governing states in the Pacific.
- Forum Leaders meet annually to develop collective responses to regional issues.
- The Forum's administrative arm is the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, based in Suva, Fiji.
- It acts as the Secretariat for Forum-related events, implements decisions by the Leaders, facilitates the delivery of development assistance to member states, and undertakes the political and legal mandates of Forum meetings.
- The Forum Secretariat is also mandated to coordinate the implementation of the Framework for Pacific Regionalism.
- The Forum Secretariat is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Opportunity
- An exciting opportunity exists for a Project Accountant to join the Secretariat.
- This job exists to provide responsibility for the management of finances for specific projects undertaken within the various Programmes of the Forum Secretariat.
- Project financial services;
- Oversight of Project Finances; and
- Financial and activity reporting.
- Applicants should have a first degree in Finance or Accounting and also a full membership of a recognised professional accounting association or institute or working towards attaining a membership with a recognised professional accounting association or institute and with experience in accounting for donor funded projects.
- Candidates should also have in depth knowledge and understanding in procurement systems and procedures with sound knowledge of donor financial and procurement policies, procedures and standards.
- Applicants should also have the ability to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders including high level government officials.
About the Benefits
- The appointment carries a competitive remuneration and benefits package including medical and life insurance.
- The starting salary will be in the range of SDR22,721 to SDR25,560 per annum. At the 1 March 2017 exchange rate this salary range was equivalent toFJD63,662 to FJD71,617. For non-Fijian nationals, this salary may be tax-free.
- To be eligible for this position, the applicant must be a national of one of the following Forum member countries*.
- Applicants must be willing to travel periodically via economy class.