Background Information - Job-specific
DFID has contracted UNOPS to carry out a “Project Coordination” Project in close cooperation with DFID leadership. DFID through UNOPS will work closely with the new provincial and local Government to coordinate programmes in the provinces and provide technical assistance, as appropriate.
The Project Administration Assistant will support the Team Leader in reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and maintenance of UNOPS’ online systems, with the help and guidance of the Head of the Project Management Office. We are looking for a highly organised and conscientious individual, who will be enthusiastic about helping to ensure that the overall PCU project is a success. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the effectiveness of DFID’s programmes across Nepal as federalism is implemented.
The Project Administration Assistant will be responsible for:
- Create and maintain the PCU project’s reporting calendar.
- Assist the Team Leader in the collection of relevant data for progress reports, including team inputs, platform extracts, pictures and diagrams.
- Support the Team Leader in report writing, including substantial contributions to drafting, editing and completing the end products.
M&E and communications
- Assist the Team Leader in the creation of a monitoring and evaluation and communications plan.
- Be responsible for monitoring and documenting the implementation of the plan.
- Assist the Team Leader and Communications Officer in the preparation of communications material, including brochures, newsletters, media campaigns, and social media content.
- Assist the Team Leader in the documentation of lessons learned.
Maintenance of UNOPS’ project management systems
- Support the Team Leader in the weekly update of logs and registers (risk register, issue log, lessons log).
- Update UNOPS’ online systems in collaboration with the Project Support Assistant.
- Assist the Team Leader in the organisation of monthly team meetings and quarterly Project Board Meetings (planning, invitations, logistics).
- Document meetings (minute taking, diffusion and archival).
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The Project Administration Assistant’s performance will be monitored through:
- The definition and bi-annual review of individual performance objectives.
- The quantitative and qualitative assessment of the project’s online documentation (monthly spot checks and quarterly review).
- Successfully building effective working relationships with PCU team members and DFID staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in management, business, administration, communication, development studies or another relevant field is required
- At least 1 years of work experience in administration, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, communication or a related field is required.
- Experience working in Nepal is desirable
- Previous experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERPs) or other online management systems desirable.
- Full professional command of Nepali is required
- Good level of English is required