PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL AND JOINING FORCES:
In June 2017, the CEOs and senior leaders of 6 child-focused agencies (Child Fund, Plan International, Save the Children, SOS Children’s Villages, Terre des Hommes and World Vision) met in Bellagio/Northern Italy. They decided to join forces to accelerate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for Children with at least one or two joint initiatives. They committed to put aside their egos and logos and in the spirit of collaboration focus on the areas where only together they can achieve significant improvements in the lives of children.
The two initiatives agreed upon are:
- Joining Forces to End Violence Against Children
- Joining Forces to advance children’s rights - Child Rights Now
- Manage logistics for meetings and workshops, including internal and external communications, venue hire and refreshment, and preparation of materials, where required.
- Support set up and administration of online meetings, events and webinar series.
- Assist in taking minutes at meetings.
- Arrange travel including air flights, visas, and hotel accommodation.
- Maintain and improve effective Joining Forces’ filing systems and SharePoint archives Track income and disbursements of project expenditure from the 6 agencies for project activities for project reporting.
- Maintain and improve procedures to track and record income and expenditure of the Joining Forces’ Secretariat budget and those of the two workstreams, within World Vision International’s finance system and that of the other 5 partner agencies.
- Track income and disbursement of project expenditure from the 6 agencies for project activities.
- Support the Project Manager to produce yearly financial reports to evidence spending.
- Develop, maintain and improve a lean, agile, and forward-looking financial system, which works for all 6 Joining Forces agencies and their respective financial and budgeting calendars.
- Responsible for procuring items/services as needed, managing the payment process and supporting with recruiting and contracting of services providers.
Communications Support & Stakeholder Engagement:
- Identify new ways of working for the Steering Teams and Working Groups to improve productivity and effectiveness, especially remotely.
- Manage the communications database and matrix to log agency contacts; identify communication point people/responsibilities; and implement communications calendar.
- Participate in Joining Forces governance meetings, including bi-annual Steering Team and CEO meetings.
- Organise international teleconference calls in multiple time zones.
- Work alongside the Project Manager, various Working Groups and the legal teams at the 6 agencies to ensure the compliance of Joining Forces with relevant policies and procedures, and with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensures that World Vision International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation
- Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and World Vision
- International’s Code of Conduct, their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with different finance and administrative systems and developing and proposing changes to develop efficiencies and effective ways of working.
- Able to work as part of a pilot project and to proactively propose solutions for the project to become more effective and productive.
- Able to establish and respond to routine queries and requests for advice on systems and processes.
- Collaborative approach to work, listening actively to stakeholders and adapting to their concerns, and the ability to prioritise competing stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of developing or defining IT and communication tool needs for a multinational environment.
- Able to monitor and track income and expenditure against budgets.
- Strong communication, administrative and effective coordination skills, able to work in a collaborative way with others.
- Able to manage multiple demands, meet deadlines and plan effectively. Results orientated and ensures systematic follow up for tasks.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and calendar applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interested in and committed to the work of Joining Forces project.
- Skilled and confident user of: Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Zoom and Skype for meetings.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of running online events desirable.