COOPI is looking for a Project Administrator in CAR
Since 1974 COOPI has worked in CAR for harmonious and complete development, for the benefit of both individuals and local communities. With regard to the intervention sectors, the commitment to local realities has encouraged COOPI to establish plans and implement development projects in the social, economic, health, environmental and training fields.
Conflict situations led to the decision to take charge of emergency and rehabilitation projects, which have today become another specific sector of intervention in the country. Thanks to its consolidated and constant presence, as well as to relations with institutions, non-governmental organizations and local communities, COOPI is recognized as one of the benchmarks for international cooperation in CAR.
Context and challenges of the position
The Project Administrator:
- will be based in Bangui with monthly trips to the intervention region;
- will be the administrator of projects, in particular those funded by AICS and Unicef;
- may use COOPI logistics equipment in accordance with the provisions of logistics and security coordination;
- will be required to follow the rules of the Country Regulations for expatriate staff and the security protocol / contingency indicated;
- will make regular trips to the field to monitor project activities with the coordination of Base Manager.
Ensure all administrative / financial management activities while respecting the operational schedule defined in coordination with the Country Administrator and Project Managers, in strict compliance with COOPI and donor procedures.
We encourage international staff present in the country to apply.
Economic and financial supervision
- Supervise the correct management of the accounts of the projects to which you are assigned, in accordance with the procedures of the NGO COOPI and the donors;
- Supervise the correct management of the cash flow of the projects to which you are assigned, and in particular monthly reconciliation in collaboration with the Project Managers;
- Regular updating of financial data for projects in accordance with financial data from the Country Administration;
- Verification with Project Managers and presentation to the Country Administrator of the monthly expenditure forecast aimed at the monthly request for funds;
- Guarantee financing for projects through the financing forms, while respecting the forecast of expenditure drawn up;
- Update accounting and computerized project accounting tools on a regular basis , to allow monitoring and control of expenses;
- Check and control compliance with COOPI purchasing procedures ;
- Check the documentation accounting, compliance of contracts with suppliers;
- Check and control the correct application of tax law ;
- Guarantee the passage of administrative, accounting and financial instructions between the respective project managers (outgoing and incoming) and / or between the accountants;
- Write interim and final financial reports for projects in collaboration with the Project Managers and under the supervision of the Country Administrator;
- Prepare the necessary documentation for project audits in collaboration with the Project Managers and under the supervision of the Country Administrator;
- Collaborate in updating the IT tools of the Administrative Coordination.
- Oversee the administrative management of national project staff in accordance with the country's Labor Code / Labor Inspectorate and the Coopi HR manual;
- Supervise and train the national administrative staff assigned to the projects in collaboration with the Project Managers;
- Participate in the selection of national accounting and administrative staff and evaluation of the staff themselves.
- Prepare communications / correspondence with the donors , budget changes and amendments, in collaboration with Project Managers and under the supervision of the Administrator Country.
- Collaborate in updating property inventories (Coopi property and project) with logistics.
- Be ready to carry out missions on the different bases / sub-bases as needed by coordinating with the Project Manager, the Country Administrator and the Logistics and Program Office Coordination;
- Guarantee the electronic filing of the administrative and accounting documents of the project in collaboration with the Project Manager, especially at the end of the project.