Background Information - Job-specific
This position is located in the Policy Strategy and Governance Division, Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT/PSGD) in New York. Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Programme Officer, the incumbent works under the guidance of the Associate Information Systems Officer in OICT/PSGD. The Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) provides enterprise-wide oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat's overall ICT strategy in support of the Organization's mission.
Summary of Key Functions
- Management and communication
- Team collaboration
- Information and knowledge Management
- Compliance activities
Management and communications
- Support in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for the client project implementation and progress;
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Coordinate project work areas in execution of standard office transactions, processes and client services for work areas;
- Support the coordination and management of communications with various stkeholders;
- Maintenance of all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes; Management of work packages within the project as and when required;
- Participate in meetings as part of PSGD team with supported entities and stakeholders as required;
- Assist in monitoring team performance and client satisfaction, instituting work, process and team alignment for optimal results;
- Facilitate reporting on the status of PSGD’’s activities;
- Monitor if all projects comply with their planned governance arrangements and hold regular meetings.
- Support logistics for OICT events and conference.
Collaborate with PSGD colleagues in facilitating the provision of quality results and services, team harmony and measurable performance management.
Information and Knowledge Management
- Help the division in overseeing the functioning of area’s documentation/systems and material ensuring conformity with relevant procedures governing the integrity of information.
- Timely update internal online platforms on OICT standards, tools, and pertinent information on admin services.
- Assist with collaboration and knowledge platforms and COPs.
- Maintain the knowledge base and documentation for compliance services
- Assist in maintaining and disseminating best practices to various stakeholders.
- Keep staff abreast of pertinent administration/logistics matters.
- Support in research activities on innovation and technology subjects related to UN core work including peacekeeping and SDGs
- Maintenance of accurate data and information to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of project and service activities, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Assist in managing compliance activities with ICT policies and standards and liaise with ICT entities to coordinate compliance exercises.
- Assist in monitoring, reporting and follow up on the status of implementation of recommendations resulting from audits conducted and appraise the adequacy of timeline and follow up action taken.
- Assist to verify that all audit findings are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices and to strengthen compliance within the projects implemented through OICT.
Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results
- The effective and successful achievement of key results by the Project and Compliance Administrative Analyst directly affect the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services, impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services.
- The development of the global ICT compliance function will strenghthen the central role of OICT to oversight the proper implementation of the ICT Strategy across the UN Secretariat insuring the policies and standards are enforced across all ICT related areas to reduce risks for the organization.
- A first-level university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Information Technology or equivalent disciplines.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service, logistics, or information technology in national or international public or corporate organizations
- Minimum of one year experience in assisting in the policy, compliance or audit functions.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office)
Desirable: Experience in UN system organizations .
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat
- For this position, fluency in English is required