International Organization for Migration, Aruba
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall administrative supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission in Guyana and functional supervision of the Project Coordinator responsible for Aruba and Curacao and also the Project Officer based in Guyana, the successful candidate will support the development and implementation of project activities under the Venezuelan Response, as well as provide general support to the monitoring and evaluation of activities throughout the duration of the project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Collect, register and report all information on project activities in a timely manner and in the specified standard and format;
- Assist in the logistic preparation and implementation of training sessions, workshops, meetings, and other activities pertaining to IOM projects/programs;
- Assist in the logistical organization of site visits, meetings, training and workshops and writing of minutes;
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of activities to achieve project outcomes and in-line with project budget.
- Supervise the data collection process for all project activities and verify the data collected to ensure consistency.
- Analyze data and develop reports based on specified standards and templates.
- Assist in the operational and administrative activities of the project
- Assist in the drafting all required project reports, Notes for Files and background information requested by the Government, donor(s) and other entities.
- Support in the liaison with Government partners, donors, the UN and civil society partners.
- Support the direct assistance to cases of vulnerable migrants, accompaniment to social services and the return and reintegration of migrants under various projects and programmes.
- Maintain orderly filing and document retrieval systems;
- Undertake duty travel for project implementation purposes.
- Perform other project related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Development Studies, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Five years of relevant professional experience in the fields of supporting project implementation and coordinating with local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Administrative and/or project management experience
- Strong abilities in reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong background in protection, gender and rights-based approach to development;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular mastery of all applications in the Microsoft Office packages;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- Prior experience of working in the field of migration, preferably with vulnerable migrants and refugees;
- Prior experience working for IOM, a UN agency or another international organisation will be an advantage.