Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Please note that this is an extra-budgetary post and initial appointment will be for one year. Further extension of the post is subject to availability of extra-budgetary funds.
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will work under the Patrol Field Capacity Building of the Tajik Border Troops through promotion of Regional Co-operation Project (PFCB). This is a general support function role supervised by the Border Management Officer and if you are selected as the Project Assistant, you will perform the following duties:
- Assisting in planning and organizing meetings with national counterparts and preparing relevant meeting notes and briefings;
- Working closely with the point of contact from Tajik Border Troops and liaising on training schedules within the project component;
- Coordinating with the point of contact from the Tajik Border Troops on rotation of personnel for each training course;
- Maintaining and updating all documents related to participation of personnel from the Tajik Border Troops in each training course;
- Contributing to the preparation of information with regard to the border security related matters in the country;
- Providing support to the project team on full project cycle management of all project activities;
- Performing other tasks as requested. The incumbent may be called to drive official vehicles.
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by specific training in administration or training;
- Minimum four years of relevant working experience in administrative duties or training of adults with national security, law enforcement authority or border security authority;
- Established experience in contacts and dealing with Senior Officers of national agencies or Departments;
- Knowledge and understanding of specific and sensitiveness of border programme activities in the field of democratization, human rights, security and rule of law in countries in transition would be an asset;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Tajik and Russian, working knowledge of English language;
- Holding a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religion and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.