IPAS, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Assistant has significant experience and is capable of thoroughly understanding and successfully implementing international sexual and reproductive health projects. The PA will provide technical and administrative support for the PMAC project under the direction of the Project Manager. PA under direction of PM is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and workplans to ensure that project goals and objectives are met at the country level. This includes inputs on program implementation, inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance. PA will also assist PM in maintaining close relationships with in-country key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the project.
The Project Assistant also provides general administrative support for PMAC project team. S/he provides efficient and timely action on administrative matters and is responsible for the preparation of correspondence and materials, coordination for meeting and conference logistics, coordination of travels and assistance with preparing financial and programmatic documents and reports.
- Contributes to project design and PMAC project implementation ensuring alignment with Ipas mission and values
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic work and assist PM in ensuring high-quality implementation of project interventions
- Assist in production of country-related documents, including contracts, disbursement schedules, project timelines, project budgets, project work plans, monthly reports and narrative reporting schedules
- Assist the PMAC team by performing tasks that support the programmatic work including tracking deadlines, formatting reports and forms, coordinating logistics and participation for conferences, workshops, and trainings; and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for writing letters, reports, meeting minutes, proofreading of documents and other written materials.
- Responsible for administrative matters including the preparation of correspondence and materials, coordination for meeting and conference logistics for organizing successful meetings such as Technical Advisory Group Meetings and Partner Meetings
- Collaborate/liaison with IRMNCH program, Department of Health (DOH), Population Welfare Departments (PWD) and partners/stakeholders at provincial/district level to implement project deliverables
- Assist for contracts and partnerships; develops partnership guidelines, memorandums of understanding (MOUs), and contract documents to be used in selection and retention of country level partners.
- Assist PM in development of award budgets and track spending, using financial management tools and conducting regular review of financial data
- Manages and supports donor reporting processes, including contributing to report documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission
- Conducts field visits to sites to provide programmatic oversight and assistance for project execution and intervention implementation
- Supports the Project Manager in representations with key stakeholder at national and regional-level meetings
- Any other task/responsibility assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelors degree in related field including (not limited to) business administration, project management or public health
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in the Public Health field, especially sexual and reproductive health, including project management experience
- Must be able to negotiate and communicate with community, state and private organizations’ leadership
- Must have working knowledge of conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring donor funded projects
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours when needed
- Experience working with reproductive health projects, a plus
- Working knowledge of grant management
- Proposal and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under strict project deadlines and milestones
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Good computer skills
- Apply for this job online
- Refer this job to a friend
- Share on your newsfeed