World Vision, Somalia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
To provide technical advisory information related to animal health, nutrition, breeding, diagnosis, treatment, disease surveillance or recommendations on animal diseases to the farmers or other target beneficiaries. Support livestock marketing groups to undertake market surveys and ensure that livestock feed production is achieved while ensuring that sound grazing plans are followed by the beneficiary communities.
- Engage community leaders, government bodies to identify sites for NRM activity implementation
- Together with PO, implement all NRM activities and monitor the progress in a day to day basis.
- Provide support on matters related to rangeland and livestock feeding improvement e.g. pasture development/improvement/ regeneration/production and preservation, following up with the communities to ensure that grazing plans are followed
- Monitoring and supervision of community FMNR sites, soil and conservation construction sites
- Monitoring of activities progress on a regular basis and reporting to the Project Officer.
- Participation in field level assessment and or evaluation of Programme
- Work closely with other project assistants and DRR committees to gather EWS information.
Coordination and Visibility:
- Act as liaison between community (pastoralists, agro pastoralists) and WVS office on FMNR
- Prepare monthly activity schedule reports.
- In Liaison with the project officer, participated in field level coordination meeting with local government authorities and other agencies.
- Accompany donor, government officials and other WV officials during field visits to the project sites.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Development Studies or any other related field.
- 2 years; Prior experience in community work, training and coaching farmers, proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communicator with good people skills.
- Resilient as this work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough terrain or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, and stretching