The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job:
Under the supervision of the MMC Team Leader for Libya, the MMC Project Assistant supports the implementation of the 4Mi research in Libya. He/she assists the MMC Teams Leader in her/his daily tasks: logistics of trainings, procurement, recruitment, payment and training of 4Mi monitors. The MMC Project Assistant also contributes to drafting SOPs and proactively proposes solutions to improving processes in the team.
- In coordination with the MMC Team Leader, assist with the daily operations of MMC in Libya including: hiring, training, supervising, supporting, paying 4Mi Monitors in Libya;
- Assist with all logistics and procurement necessary to MMC’s operations in Libya;
- Assist with the development of any tool required to improve processes in the team;
- Supports in the translation and revision of 4Mi related tools and documents from-to English and Arabic.
- Take the lead in proposing creative solutions when meeting challenges in project implementation;
- Assists with the cleaning and validation of the 4Mi data as required;
- Contribute to the design of the MMC research agenda;
- Daily monitoring and reporting of relevant information that might affect the smooth implementation of project activities in the country;
- Proactively contributes to the research life of MMC North Africa;
- Any additional tasks required to support MMC’s research in Libya.
About you :
- At least 1- year experience conducting administrative (logistics, procurement) tasks within an international organization;
- At least 1-year experience in data collection, conducting surveys and other research activities;
- Demonstrated interest in mixed migration issues, particularly within the Libyan context;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Good organizational skills and experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Enthusiastic about learning;
- Strong verbal and written communication for both English and Arabbic.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- License degree (Master’s degree an asset) in a relevant field, including but not limited to international development, migration studies or business administration.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic;
- Professional proficiency of French is an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.