National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Gujarat, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT), a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research. They are a Supranational Reference Laboratory and a WHO Collaborating Centre for TB Research and Training.
Position: Project Assistant (Field investigator)
Job specifications / responsibilities:
- Get trained in Protocol of National TB Prevalence Survey, India 2017-18 as well as SOPs and training manuals.
- Conduct census enumeration survey of participants by visiting the households.
- Rapid data collection during census enumeration, enter in android based mobile application.
- Decide on eligibility of individuals and inform them on timings for attending survey sites with procedures to be done.
- Hand over the acknowledgement receipt with appropriate serial number to enrolled participant
- Regularly synchronize data on mobile application with server.
- Coordinate with local health staff (e.g. FHW) and MO / Senior investigator, to ensure that all exclusion criteria is applied as per SOPS
- Follow-up eligible participants from household for participation if not presented on scheduled time.
- Follow-up those eligible participants who could not give sputum samples on time.
- Assist Survey Team Leader in preparing cluster report.
- Assist Survey Team Leader in maintaining financial expenditure for each cluster.
- Any other job as assigned by Team Investigator, Survey PMU.
- Graduate in Science from a recognized university with three years’ experience (or)
- Master’s degree in relevant subject from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology/Public Health/Medical Social Work/Science subject
- Experience in field level data collection
- Experience in RNTCP program
- Experience in conducting Census and field surveys
- Knowledge of Computer applications.
Upper age limit: 30 years