Project Assistant-Child Protection Case Worker
World Vision, Garowe, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of project activities that include provision of day-to-day management of all Child Protection cases. This involves the identification, documentation, developing case plans, follow up & case closure specifically for children exposed to neglect, exploitation and abuse including Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASC). The incumbent will liaise directly with other service providers working within the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host communities where the project is implemented and facilitate referrals to other service providers. S/he will conduct best interest determination for the UASC & other survivors of Child Protection violations and facilitate dissemination of the reporting and referral pathway through community dialogues and print materials.
- Case Management.
- Monitoring & Reporting.
- Coordination & Representation.
- Learning and knowledge management.
- Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Nursing or gender related programs.
- Child Protection Case Management training and Psychological First Aid (PFA) certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of one years’ work experience in community-based child protection programming, local government social work or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies.
- Minimum of one years’ work experience working with Unaccompanied and Separate Children (UASC) case management.
- Understanding of Child Protection Minimum Standards and their application in case management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, information sharing protocols and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience working with community-based child protection actors in identification and referral of child protection violations
- Working knowledge of English, and Somali local language.
- Computer literacy is required; working knowledge of MS Word.