World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 35 development and relief programmes in 20 Districts across the country.
At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for mobilizing the Beneficiaries and the Community of assigned Village(s)in order to implement Interventions of the Lively hood part of WVL’s (Flanking Measures) of the EU funded housing project. S/He is responsible for the organizing meeting, enumerate for surveys, Visit Beneficiary families, Monitor progress, and mobilize and train them for effective outputs, Coordinate Village level Government officials and participate progress meetings and update progress and critical matters to WV management. Also to support for any interventions that WV and HFS jointly undertaking for the betterment of the project. In addition He/She will be responsible for the following:
- Be the overall representative of the project for the assigned village/s mobilize beneficiaries and monitor the lively hood interventions, progress of house construction and any other common project interventions and report progress and inform timely the critical issues to the management for action
- Get trained on important technical areas of the project and disseminate to the beneficiaries as ToT and facilitate to Family/Community led interventions (Land use plan, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs, Value Chain and Market survey, Savings Groups, Business Facilitation, Value Chain, Graduation and any other possible models and Cross cutting themes)
- Support as Enumerators for any surveys, including beneficiary selection process, base line survey, Monitoring surveys and evaluation
- Organize village meetings and project events as requested by project team with Project Officers and Government officials
- Participate at Lesson Learnt events and support the project team in planning and decision making in order to improve quality of the project
- Provide timely and complete reports as required by Project Management
Knowledge, skills & abilities required for the position
- Advance Level Examination qualified
- Minimum 03 years’ experience in implementing development programmes preferably in a NGO context
- Field experience in implementation of housing projects, Livelihood activities, Gender, DRR and other crosscutting themes of the project
- Experience in arranging community meetings, training and other events
- Good report writing & communication skills in English with working knowledge of Tamil Competent t in the use of MS Office Applications, internet & email communications
- Ability to travel extensively within project areas of operation
- Good understanding of current socio, economic & political context of the areas of operation
- Knowledge and experience of holistic community development
- A team player with good interpersonal skills with cross-cultural sensitivity, & commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement