The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 18 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
- ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the Project Assistant – Events position for the Africa- EU Migration and Mobility Dialogue Support Project (MMD).
- The overall objective of the MMD project is to maximise the development potential of migration and mobility within Africa and between Africa and the EU and to provide comprehensive responses to migration and mobility in full respect of human rights.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- To improve the governance of migration and mobility within Africa and between Africa and the EU by providing the partners with an open framework for consultation, coordination and cooperation and enhance the protection of migrants’ rights;
- To build shared and clearer common understanding of an integrated approach towards migration and mobility;
- To create a comprehensive and inclusive approach on migration and mobility, involving all key stakeholders, including civil society organisations;
- To operationalise the migration dialogue through the launch of pilot projects and flagship initiatives.
The MMD project consists of the two interrelated components:
- The Africa-EU dialogue and cooperation on migration and mobility, which entails (a) the Continental Dialogue (Continent-to-Continent Migration and Mobility Dialogue – (C2CMMD)); (b) the Rabat Process, and (c) the Khartoum Process;
- the Africa-Europe Diaspora Platform (ADEPT);
Please note that this position is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
The Project Assistant – Events supports the implementation of activities for events, meetings, conferences and travel. S/he carries out logistical tasks in support of project implementation and provides administrative support to project implementation processes.
- In line with ICMPD´s rules and business processes, the Project Assistant – Events supports the organisation of project events and meetings and implements logistical arrangements prior and during the events as well as actions in follow up to events. S/he compiles inputs to meetings and other project outputs and materials and processes activities in support of recruitment of experts and procurement actions as well as manages contracts. S/he maintains project filing system for her/his area of work.
- Supporting a smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the MMD work plan, the Project Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager in close coordination with all MMD teams collaborating with the members of MMD project team in the Headquarters and in the Brussels Mission and other ICMPD staff in implementation of tasks.