Project Assistant in Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Management
United Nations Volunteers, Kyiv, Ukraine
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNFPA Program Analyst or her designated mandated representative(s), the National UN Volunteer will:
- Monitor UNFPA’s project and country programme activities on gender mainstreaming by keeping a close record of activities and expenditures, revision of logframes, work plans, calendar of events and result matrix to track the progress towards indicators in close coordination with programme, communications and operations teams .
- Proactively assist in gathering, structuring and analysis of information regarding legal and socio-economic environment of the country programme gender component, implementing partners, government authorities, local civil society organizations and other counterparts, which may be of use to the programme for informing decisions and communications etc.;
- Support in project data analysis and visualization, produce data visualization reports;
- Conduct needs assessment: as appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, questions are simple and user friendly, easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the programme;
- Prepare periodic progress reports and disaggregated data inputs to UN Info/UNDAF/UNGTG and document lessons learnt and challenges ensuring cross-team coordination and data exchange;
- Assist with knowledge and analytical products development through collection and analysis of raw data for newsletters, web products and infographic materials; manage GE Programme knowledge database;
- Monitor the assistance provided by UNFPA to implementing partners paying attention to quality of activities and tracking the progress, prioritize the collection of accurate and complete age and sex-disaggregated data in particular to understand how COVID-19 impacts individuals differently, in terms of prevalence, trend; Collect and analyze qualitative feedback from the project target audiences, liase with events participants, manage database of contacts.
- Contribute to drafting donor and stakeholder reporting, concept notes, memorandums, official requests and recommendations to streamline gender programme activities;
- Perform field and online visits to monitor implementation of the gender programme activities and ensure the quality and accuracy of the collected or reported data, provide regular feedback and recommendations to programme staff on impact measurement.
- Contribute to developing of ToRs for research/assessment/evaluation/ gender audit exercises to be conducted within the gender programme framework;
- Perform any other duties as required by the Country Office, Regional Office and HQ.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Required experience: 24 Months
- Relevant professional experience in project monitoring, managing information, coordination or related area;
- Proficiency in data management and visualization software applications, advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.), teleconferencing is essential.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Ukrainian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent