Under the overall guidance and supervision of the manager, the Project Assistant provides ongoing project and administrative assistance and support to UNDP projects, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Project Assistant works in collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures provision of support to management of ongoing project activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide inputs in the elaboration of work plan
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops as and when required
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings and in drafting research reports as required
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the project
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports
Ensures effective administrative and logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences when needed.
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the project in a user friendly manner
- Be responsible for assigned correspondence and other admin tasks including creating E-requisitions
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing partners for completion before submitting to the Finance Unit for verification
- Proper receipting of goods and services
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes , memorandum and reports to partners
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required
- Maintain a proper filing system for financial records ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Assisting in organizing , executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event time-line, programme schedule and checklist for successful holding of events
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- License degree or some technical School degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields.
- Min two (2) years (with License degree), or, min four (4) years (with Technical school degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in Arabic, French and working knowledge English