Project Associate – IT (Software Development)
United Nations Development Programme, Dehradun, India
Closing Date for Applications:
UNDP seeks to engage the services of a Project Assistant to support the State Government in IT and communications for smooth implementation of the project at state and landscape level. S/he will work under the overall supervision of State Nodal Officer and direct supervision of State Project Officer, Uttarakhand, SECURE Himalaya, UNDP
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Associate-IT (Software Developer) will work under the direct supervision of State Forest Department/Union Territory and UNDP for the following responsibilities:
- Development of web application-based Interface/platform to streamline the process of updating and claiming compensation payments for cases of Human Wildlife Cases and as per requirement of the State Forest Department.
- Development of an online system for issuing permits and monitoring persons involved in the trade of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
- Development of an online permit issuing and monitoring system for migratory grazers in all SECURE Himalaya Project States and Union Territories.
- Periodically update SECURE Himalaya specific information on Himachal Pradesh/Ladakh/Sikkim/Uttarakh and Forest/Wildlife Department Website and SECURE website (as and when it is functional).
- Design knowledge products like pamphlets, brochures, signage, banners etc. as per the requirement of the State Forest Department/UNDP Country Office. Communicate data generated through studies and assignment through products like maps, dashboards, and infographics.
- Keep abreast of new and innovative IT based tools and techniques in wildlife and forest conservation and regularly update the Uttarakhand Forest Department about them. Use such tools and techniques in the project and provide (or facilitate) training to select beneficiaries, if possible.
- Maintain and update the existing IT system established under SECURE Himalaya project (Wildlife MIS, Incident reporting System, HWC bulletin Board and other websites.)
- Coordinate with vendors and other agencies to communicate for bug reporting and server monitoring, backup facility and troubleshooting issues.
- Consult, design and develop well structured, scalable e-commerce website for marketing of community designed products of project landscapes.
- Assist project beneficiaries to improve their e-commerce conversion and user experience for their visitors and customers.Develop IT specific project plans, goals, and budget, identifying resource needed for wildlife conservation and sustainable livelihoods.
- Develop the front-end, UI/UX design, User research, experience strategy in the EPBR project.
- Analyze test results on database impacts, error or bugs and usability.
- Design and implement social media strategy to promote products developed by project beneficiaries.
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- A Master’s degree in the above fields will be desirable.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in MIS/web Design/ Mobile Apps and Other related activities
- Experience of working with Govt. at National/ State Level is mandatory
- Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to state forest departments and designing techniques for the most efficient and cost effective and sustainable IT solutions
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Hindi