CDC as the main SR of the project works with Mental and Social Health Addiction Department of Ministry of Health (MEHSHAD) and all University of Medical Sciences as Sub-Sub Recipients (SSRs) of the grant.Under the direct supervision of the National Project Director of CDC and in close coordination with HIV/AIDS National Programme Manager, Global Fund Project Focal Point of CDC and UNDP Project Manager, the Project Associate support implementation of HIV/AIDS project activities as reflected in the approved project work plan and ensure high quality of project performance and achievement of intended results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the fifth HIV/AIDS
- National Strategic Plan (NSP5).
- Support to the National Project Director of CDC. - Administrative support to the HIV/AIDS National Programme Manager and GF Project Focal Point. - Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the fourth
- HIV/AIDS National Strategic Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collecting, analyzing and presenting background information for preparation of reports needed for managerial level of the SR.
- Providing effective support to the National Project Director of CDC to ensure mobilization of all project inputs.
Provides effective support to the National Project Director and management of CDC-HIV/AIDS program focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Conducting M&E activities such as field visits and preparing reports and recommendation for better implementation and quality assurance purposes.
- Close monitoring of the project work-plan, substantially and financially, analyzing the progress and providing the project team including the SR and UNDP with constructive recommendations and following up the needed actions.
- Providing operational support to designated Sub-Recipient (SR) which is CDC in consistency with the project work plan, perform framework, policies and procedures of the Government of I.R. Iran, UNDP Iran, and the Global Fund.
- Supervise implementation of harm reduction and prevention activities through outreach and mobile based facilities and conduct regular site visit.
- Following up on performance indicators/success criteria, targets, and milestones of the project.
- Organizing regular and ad hoc technical internal/external meetings, workshops and any other related events with implementing partners.
- Providing support to the direct supervisor in recruitment, supervision, and management of service providers. This includes preparation of Terms of Reference (TOR), pursuing and support of recruitment procedures in coordination with UNDP.
- Providing backstopping support to the supervisor and other team members as required.
- Timely identification and resolution of implementation challenges.
- Any other tasks as required in the context.
Provides administrative support to National Project Director of CDC focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparing the agenda, minutes of meeting as required by the supervisor.
- Assisting in preparation of various project reports as required by the supervisor.
- Any other administrative tasks as required in the context.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on
- achievement of the following results:
- - Participating in training activities and provide reports of the event for the supervisor and
- other staff of HIV/AIDS Unit.
- Ensuring facilitation of knowledge management.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practic
- Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Level 1.1: Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Level 1.1: Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Level 1.1: Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Level 1.1: Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each Service Contract holder.
- Informed and transparent decision making
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High School Education, with specialized certification in health. University Degree in Health would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Experience: 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Farsi and English, both written and spoken.