Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Utkrisht Development Impact Bond is an innovative results-based financing mechanism that will use private investor capital to fund interventions aimed at improving maternal and new-born health in the state of Rajasthan, India. Specifically, the Utkrisht Development Impact Bond (DIB) will support the preparation for accreditation to national standards of private sector small health-care organizations (SHCOs) in Rajasthan. Achievement of the accreditation will result in better quality care, and in turn this is expected to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality. The DIB aims to prepare at least 360 SHCOs to apply for a combined quality certification from the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- Provide technical support to the Palladium for successful implementation of the Utkrisht Development Impact Bond at the identified facilities.
- Support Team to monitor, assess and report on project activities--including training, supervision, assessing readiness, handholding support and resource availability.
- As per programmatic need, supervise and guide Service Providers to achieve goal of Utkrisht in designated facilities.
- Conduct facility assessment to develop a plan for strengthening/enabling the facilities to implement the Utkrisht Development Impact Bond successfully
- Guide SPs to develop the need-based orientation plan of Providers, including physicians and the nursing staff from the select facilities on key clinical skills;
- Work in conjunction with the Palladium team and SPs quality assurance teams to establish patterns or trends in NABH and Manyata scoring that require additional training or corrective action.
- Facilitate and support establishment of a data management system for collection of data on key indicators to measure progress in quality health care and ensure effective implementation of Utkrisht Development Impact Bond.
- Make a plan to leverage the existing supervisory mechanism to ensure quality improvement on Manyata and NABH related aspects at the targeted facilities and smooth data flow from the identified facilities.
- Support and Supervise the developed training and IEC plan, performance standards and job aids to be used just before, during and immediately after birth by service providers at facilities.
- Support in organize and facilitate trainings, workshops and on-site support for smooth technical and clinical project management and coordination.
- Conduct/ undertake sessions in workshops/ trainings; and represent the organization in workshops/ conferences/ meetings as per project requirement.
- Assist in gathering data, writing and presenting at state/national level the key achievements.
- As per program needs, may be required to travel across the State to mentor, monitor and guide the Service Providers and facilities for establishing accountability
- Work with the Palladium Utkrisht data analyst and Senior Technical Advisor to create QI improvement and tracking tools for routine monitoring of each facilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Team Leader Utkrisht Development Impact Bond.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in working and supporting with private health facilities/ government's Reproductive Health and Child Health programs, counterparts and systems.
- Updated knowledge of standard practices on Antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care and quality improvement in labour room including LR environment, LR organization resource availability and practices
- Updated knowledge of FOGSI-Manyata and NABH standards and knowledge of government's LaQshya and Dakshta programs.
- Technically proficient with skills required for the assigned task.
- Supervise designated staff if posted under supervision as per program requirement
- Critical thinking, including proven ability to think creatively, conceptually and analytically, and in the use of evidence as a basis for sound decision making;
- Proven skills with team building and fostering cordial relationships in programming consortiums, including proven track record in influencing others, and an ability to collaborate with and develop personnel;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi and reasonable understanding of local dialect to take on the client perspectives
- Proficiency in writing technical documents such as training materials and reports.
- Ability to work within an international program team and communicate regularly with a variety of team members.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations. Ability to coordinate and work in sync with other colleagues in the program
- Work jointly with other team members on developing reports, presentations, reviews as required from time to time
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and work in a multi-cultural team.
- Self-initiated, ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel extensively up to 50-60% of his/her time.
- Relevant academic qualifications in a related field.
- Extensive experience working supporting private health facilities/ government's Reproductive Health and Child Health programs, counterparts and systems.