World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Livelihoods Technical Advisor who will have the overall responsibility of ensuring that project objectives are met through the effective and efficient implementation of activities that improve the well-being and livelihoods of People of Concern in Tongogara Refugee Camp and the Host community. The Project Coordinator will coordinate all project activities in Tongogara Refugee Camp and regularly attend relevant meetings including National Working Group meetings chaired by UNHCR to keep abreast of emerging issues and standards in programming for Refugees.
Programming & Operations
- Monitoring project implemented as per approved standards in the camp.
- Coordination of all programming interventions in the Camp and Host community
- Ensure adherence to World Vision International policies and donor (UNHCR) requirements.
- Involve and inform targeted communities about the relevant Project Activities.
- Facilitate training of project staff and project beneficiaries on key WASH and Livelihoods programing models with support from NO technical staff.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely use of data collection and monitoring tools as guided by relevant WV WASH and Resilience and Livelihoods programming models.
- Provide high level of Coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and Share beneficiaries’ database(s) on regular basis with the concerned departments.
- Follow up and Resolve the queries in conjunction of Accountability department and/or other departments.
- Conduct regular field visits on monthly basis
- Adhere to the weekly and monthly reporting deadlines as advised by the line manager.
- Ensure compliance within project systems and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Organization, administration and personnel management
- Overall coordination of operational staff working in the camp and host community
- Organize and/or facilitate technical trainings for and project staff and People of Concern
- Any other duties as agreed with the supervisor.
- All responsibilities need to be executed in an unbiased and transparent manner. The position requires self-discipline to work independently.
Education: University degree in Social Sciences, humanitarian aid or a relevant field.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of proven experience in the field of food security and/or livelihoods programming.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation, good interpersonal skills
- Good orientation and capacity building skills
- Culture sensitive
- Prioritization and time management
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, ability to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, negotiation and promotion
- Experience in dealing with other NGOs/ partners in project implementation.
- Experience working with and programming for refugees is a plus.
- Experience working on a WASH project is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Ultra Poor Graduation model is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills are essential – Excel, MS World, PowerPoint
- Good organizer, pro-active and dynamic with the right portion of common sense.
- Ability to maintain high levels of professional ethics working with People of Concern in the Refugee Camp and host community