Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Consortium Coordinator is to support the Consortia Manager of the Dutch MFA funded consortium. This support will focus on project management, Legal Assistance and livelihood perspectives, as well as strengthening the synergies and coordination between NRC and the other consortium members. The coordinator will furthermore strengthen the relationships and coordination between the Consortium and external partners, government departments and other entities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Overall coordination between all parties to the consortium
- Assist Consortia Manager in the coordination of implementation of the consortium work plan (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist with the administrative aspects of the project such as preparing the first draft of quarterly and final donor reports.
- Gather internal information from members’ offices and NRC’s ICLA department to ensure that all activities are correctly recorded and reported.
- Deputise for the Consortia Manager in her/his absence.
- Deputise for other Consortium Project Coordinators in their absence.
- Provide background, deeper and nuanced information to the Consortia Manager relating to the locations where activities will take place
- Assist the Consortia Manager in coordination and operational issues amongst the consortium members.
- Promote holistic durable solutions and strategies, within NRC, Consortium and the wider humanitarian community.
- Support in consortia building and selection of consortium members for the new consortia projects.
- Support in proposal development for the new consortia projects and securing funding for the existing consortium.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of programmatic implementation in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in a consortium.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, GIS, and other analytical software.
- Experience from working with refugees, IDPs or returnees.
- Experience related to Legal Assistance and Livelihoods, and previous interaction with Government Authorities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and a local language.
- Bachelor in relevant fields (Project Management), masters preferred.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Strategic thinking and strong analysis.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Influencing and trust creating.
- Initiating action and change.
- Managing resources to optimize results.