International Organization for Migration, Aruba
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall administrative supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and functional supervision of the Project Coordinator responsible for both Aruba and Curacao, the successful candidate will support the development and implementation of project activities under the Venezuelan Response in Aruba.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of operational activities of the office ensuring that procedures for carrying out projects meet IOM standards; develop and maintain effective project monitoring procedures;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Draft regular and special reports covering IOM activities in the country; prepare briefings and background information as required, including specific information requested by the Government and other entities.
- Oversee the implementation of the DTM in Aruba according to the global DTM methodology including but not limited to Biometric Registration and Verification and Flow Monitoring ensuring proper adaptation to the context.
- Coordinate the liaison with Government partners, donors, the UN and civil society partners.
- Prepare agendas and arrange relevant field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Plan, coordinate and implement training sessions, workshops, meetings, and other activities pertaining to IOM projects/programs;
- Coordinate and supervise administrative procedures required for the successful implementation of project activities.
- Monitor the implementation of activities to achieve project outcomes and according to the budget.
- Supervise the data collection process for all project activities and verify the data collected to ensure consistency.
- Analyze data and develop reports based on specified standards and templates.
- Undertake duty travel for project implementation purposes.
- Assist in developing new programmes and implement them in close cooperation with the relevant authorities and public/private entities and other IOM offices.
- Perform other project related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The qualified candidate should possess:
- University Degree in Development Studies, Political or Social Science, International Relations , Law or other relevant field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field;
- Seven years professional experience in the field of operational and field experience in refugee and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation; and coordination with governmental authorities and other stakeholders.
- Administrative and/or project management experience
- Strong abilities in reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong background in protection, gender and rights-based approach to development;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- Prior experience of working in the field of migration, preferably with vulnerable migrants and refugees;
- Prior experience working for IOM, a UN agency or another international organisation will be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
- Excellent written communication skills
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context;
- correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global, and political context;
- effectively interfaces with government officials on matters related to substantive migration issues and the work of IOM;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives;
- Effectively applies knowledge on crosscutting issues such as gender based violence.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written).