Coordinate the NFM3 project in regions of Bafatá, Gabu, Quinara, Tombali, Bolama and Biombo with a high prevalence of HIV and TB. He / she coordinates and implements project activities and provides technical advice and support in accordance with the national strategic plan and relevant policies. He / She is responsible for representing PLAN in the coordination bodies of stakeholders in the fight against HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria at the regional and national level.
He/she supports the Project specialist in coordinating activities across the territory in collaboration with the MERL department of the CO and the technical committee for the MINSAP programs. In these six regions, he/she also leads the Malaria project, the TB / HIV Project Coordinator will integrate the coordination and implementation of this component in his portfolio.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Plan International Guinea-Bissau (Plan) requires a senior level GF HIV and TB Project Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of a large-scale program to support HIV and TB prevention efforts in Guinea-Bissau communities. Plan International GNB was selected as the main sub-beneficiary (SR) for the implementation of TB and HIV prevention activities for the key population in the community component, along with other NGOs and the Ministry of Health programs with a large budget. Plan with experience of over 20 years of activities at the community level and has recently implemented PIMI I and II, which is the Community Project for the reduction of maternal and child mortality in the four regions of the country since 2015. This position requires an excellent domain of national health policies, international strategies and community-based approaches related to HIV in girls and women salespeople, working directly with local NGOs, in addition, the populations targeted by this grant as well as activities related to the detection of HIV cases. TB and TBMDR in communities and others who are at risk of contracting TB
Program operation and management
- Ensure the implementation of the HIV, TB and Integrated Malaria project implementation documents (partnership agreement, contracts,)
- Monitor the planning of integrated HIV, TB and Malaria activities at the community level, in relation to project SR and partners;
- Coordinate the integrated community activities of the TB / HIV and Malaria project through periodic meetings organized with project managers.
- Coordinate with project managers the implementation of integrated data collection tools at the level of OCBs, key populations, etc.
- Support the training of local actors, in collaboration with regional and local health teams
- Ensure the synthesis of data from project managers
- Ensure the preparation of technical reports for the project in the 6 regions according to the donor schedule
- Ensure regular supervision of partners (project specialist, community supervisors, intermediaries, etc.)
- Monitor compliance with disbursement procedures and use of FM grant resources in accordance with the standards defined by Plan GNB, in conjunction with the coordination unit
- Monitor the management of tools and other inputs and equipment in collaboration with the coordination unit.
- Responsible for ensuring that all stakeholders are kept informed of Plan International's activities, as appropriate (eg donors, health authorities, etc.);
- Coordinates the activities of the TB / HIV and Malaria projects in the 06 regions
- Ensure that all major parties participate effectively in the planning and implementation of the project, when applicable;
- Maintain working links with the MINSAP program support team
- Develop plans, proposals and budgets for the budget / reprogramming work plan in collaboration with program and finance personnel;
- Contribute proactively to the development of strategies to improve the efficiency of projects
- Ensure overall responsibility for the financial management of the project in accordance with the approved project proposals.
Knowledge, skills and behaviors required to achieve the objectives of the position:
- Holder of a degree or equivalent diploma in Health or social sciences, (senior health technician, social worker) with proven experience in managing health projects at community level, HIV, TB and Malaria control strategies
- Ability to work in a team;
- Spirit of synthesis and analysis;
- Ability to plan and organize: prioritize activities and tasks and reorganize priorities as needed;
- Express yourself clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and write in a persuasive, clear and concise manner;
- Have good knowledge of IT, in particular the most used Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS-Project) and also virtual collaboration platforms such as MS TEAMS and OneDrive;
- Speak at least one of the local languages spoken in the project's coverage area
- Write and Speak Portuguese fluently.
- French and English skills are an advantage;
- Have a high sense of social justice, gender equality and a strong commitment to the rights of the child;
- Be willing to travel frequently to rural areas.
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts;
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills;
- Excellent research skills and analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good communication, written reporting facilitation;
- Strong skills in team building and motivation;
- Strong negotiation skills, strategic thinking and influence