OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision and functional authority of the Director of UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office, the incumbent shall be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the UNESCO Tehran component of UNESCO’s Project on “Silk Roads Heritage Corridors in Afghanistan, Central Asia and Iran – International Dimension of the European Year of Cultural Heritage” Project funded by the European Union.
Working in close collaboration with the Culture Unit and the Programme Officer for Communication and Information at the UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office, the Project Implementation Team at the Almaty, Tashkent and Kabul Offices, as well as the relevant colleagues at the Culture Sector at the Headquarters and the Liaison Office in Brussels.
The consultant shall perform the following functions:
Planning, management, coordination, monitoring and reporting:
- Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on the Tehran activities under the Outputs of the Project. Coordinate and lead the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting on the joint awareness-raising activity;
- Coordinate the reporting on all Project activities and regular reports to the EU;
- Provide project support by developing work plans for implementation and draft terms of references for activities. Liaise with local partner organizations, as well as experts working on the Project regarding the implementation of the planned activities. Seek programmatic guidance from the Culture Sector, as needed;
- Prepare draft budgets in collaboration with partners and monitor budget execution. Monitor the implementation of the project on a regular basis through missions, reporting and assessments;
- Provide technical and policy advice and support to the country authorities in relation to the Project. Provide substantive and logistical support in the organization of trainings, workshops, conferences, meetings and side events;
- Work in close cooperation with the Project Assistant recruited under the same EU Project;
- Report to the director on the performance of the team.
Visibility, communication, outreach, liaison and partnership-building:
- Provide information on the Project to partners and colleagues at Headquarter and the Field Offices;
- Liaise with relevant partners in order to inform them on the Project and coordinate relevant activities.
- Contribute to the implementation of communication and outreach Project activities:
- Provide support in raising public awareness in the participating countries of the common heritage on the Silk Roads and culture’s contribution to sustainable development. This includes identifying key messages, target audiences and partnership opportunities to enhance visibility and outreach.
- Enable increased knowledge sharing and availability of data.
- Reaching out to specific target audiences to engage them in the Project activities.
- Giving visibility to UNESCO/EU partnership and the results of the Project under the Global Public Goods Challenges programme of the EU.
- Giving visibility to the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
- Prepare/develop news and feature stories, videos, infographics, concept notes for advocacy activities and media kits and leverage social media for maximum visibility of the organizations and the partnership.
- Work in collaboration with other UNESCO Field Offices implementing the Project and the web development team at UNESCO Headquarter.
- Partnership and outreach development to advance UNESCO’s objectives. Enhance the visibility of the Project and activities by actively producing communication material on its results.
- Leverage media partnerships and identify new media partners, including initiating and maintaining contacts with media to enhance visibility and ensure global coverage. Mobilize UNESCO and EU partners for the various events conducted within the Project.
- Produce monthly visibility reports to monitor web analytics, number of downloads and social media performance, keep updated distribution list of the Project, help to update information on the Tehran Cluster Office website, propose content and produce visual items.
- Advanced university degree in the field of culture, social sciences, international relations, management or another related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in the field of project administration and coordination, cultural heritage.
- Good political judgment with the ability to negotiate at the decision-making level;
- Knowledge of programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation, in particular in UN System and the European Union;
- Ability to make technically sound decisions on all aspects of Project implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the Organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills specifically reporting skills;
- Managerial Skills and leading capacities;
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.