International Foundation for Electoral Systems, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
- Work closely with the Project Officer and other IFES staff to provide support to all IFES project activities in Egypt.
- Remain informed and up to date on all electoral processes in Egypt, areas of electoral importance, and institutions involved in election administration through review of newspapers and other sources.
- Participate in tracking and following up on all IFES activities conducted in cooperation with various governmental, semi-governmental and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Participate in monitoring all IFES grants provided to the various non-governmental organizations. This includes traveling to governorates to oversee activities and reviewing all products, deliverables, as well as financial and narrative reports submitted by grantees.
- Assist in drafting programmatic Requests for Proposals.
- Assist in drafting Scopes of Work and selection memos for consultants and sub-contractors as necessary.
- Identify potential partners and stakeholders for IFES.
- Provide research assistance for the drafting of various policy and briefing papers issued by IFES.
- Provide administrative and programmatic assistance in the implementation of IFES workshops and activities.
- Write briefings and proceedings reports related to all events conducted exclusively by IFES or any of its partners through an IFES fund.
- Supervise the quality of translation from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English.
- Assist the Operations team in completion of all logistical requirements for program related events.
- Maintain a database of contacts comprising main stakeholders, partners and donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field.
- MA in a related field is desirable.
- 2 years experience in development projects. Previous experience with USAID funded projects or other international organizations is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate with partners and organizations.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Financial background is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including working level proficiency in Word and Excel.