World Vision, Zambia
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To coordinate project design, and ensure implementation as well as capacity building of Education Support Teams (EST) and monitoring of the Zambian Education School-based Training (ZEST) Project in line with the Project Strategy and contribute to WVZ child wellbeing objectives.
Project development and Implementation
- Provide technical support to the development, trialing and scaling up of ZEST activities ensuring alignment with Project Strategy
- Ensure quality implementation and monitoring within scope, time and budget.
- Produce consolidated monthly, annual/semi-annual reports for the Project for sharing with other stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Education at National, Provincial and District levels to ensure successful implementation of the ZEST Project.
- Support documentation and dissemination of promising/best practices for future programming.
- Support the development of data repository for the project for better knowledge management and utilization
- In collaboration with MoGE FPP, support DRCC in Building capacity of Education Support Teams through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency.
Capacity Building: Facilitate building capacity of Education Support Teams to ensure project activities are rolled out and effectively implemented
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with ZREAD DME Specialist, facilitate project evaluations - Baseline, Midline and Endline, i.e. development of consultancy TORs and advertising, offer of consultancy
- Collect monitoring data with MoGE in a collaborative and systematic way
- Facilitate joint monitoring with MoGE and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved project implementation and decision making
- In collaboration with ZREAD DME Specialist and MoGE, conduct project review for improved quality of programming
- Work with ZREAD DME Specialist to input data databases and develop information management systems.
- Participate in documenting and sharing project lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
- Other duties as designated by the ZREAD Technical Programme Manager or her delegate
Qualifications/ Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Degree in Education/Development/Project Management with minimum 3years’ experience in relevant field
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 3 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience in School Based Teacher Professional Development
- Primary School Teacher qualification and teaching primary school grades will be an added advantage
- Experience in Education Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation and networking skills
- Training and facilitation skills a must
Working Environment / Conditions: Office-based 30% : field 70%