Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is based in the FAO office in Peshawar. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the International Project Coordinator, and in close coordination with Technical Staff, the incumbent will ensure a timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office is necessary.
- Project Management (designing, implemention and overseeing)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Serve as a focal person to coordinate and facilitate integration and smooth collaboration of DFID III, Pillar 1 components
- Responsible for the timely, effective and coordinated implementation of project activities in conjunction with the agreed work plan.
- Undertake follow-up action on advocacy and programme implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports.
- Attend technical cooperation meetings and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Select and compile training and orientation, as well as IEC materials for those involved in programme implementation, including donor and media visits.
- Coordinate and supervise the work progress of Partners contracted by FAO through Letters of Agreement (LoA)
- Use performance management and ensure that performance objectives are met and reported upon, and that field reports are produced on time and according to the required standards.
- Support partners to ensure timely delivery of inputs to beneficiaries, make certain that SP reports are received, reviewed and cleared in a timely manner and payments are processed within the stipulated time.
- Liaise with technical officers to ensure timely delivery of trainings to targeted beneficiaries, ensure that all aspects of trainings are well documented.
- Represent the organizational interests and beneficiaries of FAO at various platforms.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s degree in management/ Social Sciences or related discipline.
- 8 years’ relevant experience after qualification and demonstrated skills in project management with the ability to deliver results under tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Working experience of Merged Districts (Ex FATA) with language proficiency in Pashto, English and Urdu
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Open to change and ability to manage complex situations.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time - meeting goal and objectives of the programme.
- Having Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, and strong spirit of teamwork
- Experience implementing food security/livelihood projects
- Experience in Pre and Post emergency settings
- Experience in managing consortium projects.
- Experience working in conflict settings