This position is located in FAO Representation to Pakistan, based in Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Reporting Lines: Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR), direct supervision of Assistant FAOR and Technical leadership of PO-Resilience Pakistan; oversight of the Land Management Unit, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as Team Coordinator of the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Develop and maintain relationship with relevant district and provincial authorities, organize project strategic meetings and maintain record ;
- Get buy in and approval of the project produced research studies and strategies.
- Represent the Project, organizational interest of FAO in different forums of Sindh Province.
- Assume responsibility for the timely, effective and coordinated implementation of the Project at the provincial level, in accordance with the approved work plan.
- Supervise research studies and situation analysis for the evidence generation, studies.
- Supervise national project staff and monitor their progress. Using performance management tools, the incumbent will ensure that performance indicators are met and reported upon and that field and donor reports are produced on time and according to the required standards.
- In close coordination with PMU members, periodically review and if required, fine-tune project’s work plan and develop sound, realistic and meaningful approaches for every aspect of project delivery.
- Prepare periodic reports in approved formats providing a detailed overview of all aspects of project delivery, beneficiary analysis, and intervention approach and achieved or perceived impact on beneficiaries’ vis-à-vis project outcome, outputs and indicators.
- Assist in the identification and selection of service provider (e.g. government line departments, NGOs and consultancy firms).
- Monitor the project budget and ensure resources are allocated and utilised for project delivery in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervise service providers and ensure timely delivery of inputs and technical assistance to beneficiaries, making sure that service providers’ reports are received, reviewed and cleared in a timely manner and follow-up with the Administration Unit of FAO Representation in Pakistan to ensure timely processing of due instalments.
- Closely monitor the Project’s monitoring and evaluation system to ensure all aspects of the Project are monitored, feedback is provided in a timely manner. Ensure socio-economic and biophysical baseline tools are prepared by PMU and government technical working groups for the purpose of impact assessment.
- Prepare periodic financial projections and procurements plans for onwards processing by FAO Representation in Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Review the work plan periodically and inform FAO Representation in Pakistan on any constraints experienced during the implementation of the project activities.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of PMU, Hyderabad and Project Implementation Units in Dadu, Jamshoro, Larkarna, Matiari, Mirpur Khas, Sujawal, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khanand supervise administrative and operational functions within the areas assigned.
- Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- The incumbent will also ensure the safety and security of FAO staff and property in Sindh province by strictly adhering to UNDSS security procedures and advisory and inform the Islamabad based security focal points of any security events or bottlenecks in the implementation of security procedures. The incumbent will ensure regular participation of FAO in the provincial and district level security meetings organized by the UNDSS.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University post-graduate qualification in development studies, agricultural economics, business administration, land management or related field
- At least ten years of relevant experience in agricultural and rural development, land management and land tenure..
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical / Functional Skills
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Knowledge and understanding of sourcing within the procurement function.
- Strong research skills, ability to conduct benchmarking analysis in support of vendor identification, selection and performance management.
- Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
- Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
- Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation