Project Coordinator-Supply Unit
Action Against Hunger USA, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY .
leading the agency to manage supply chain under a DFID funder consortium, BRCiS (Building Resilient Communities in Somalia). The Project is also responsible to lead this supply project.
This position will be based in Kenya with frequent travel to Somalia.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Establish and ensure fluid and regular communication and coordination with all relevant sector stakeholders both in Nairobi as well as within Somalia.
- Maintain close coordination with AAH International procurement section.
- Establish close coordination with the existing, Nairobi-based Nutrition Cluster for Somalia, in close coordination with the Consortium Management Unit.
- Together with consortium partners, lead the continuous identification of supply gaps and bottlenecks in country and establish a common strategy to address them.
- Compile and submit timely reports.
- Together with consortium partners, identify core advocacy concerns around supply and contribute key messages to the broader advocacy initiatives of the BRCiS, the consortium Lead Agency, donors and other relevant actors.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You have at least 5 years professional experience in humanitarian logistics, incl. land, shipping or air transport and logistics/transport operations.
- You have at least 3 years experience in Project Management.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced and complex humanitarian emergency contexts.
- You have a high level of Integrity and Transparency.
- You have knowledge of working in a consortium model.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You have experience in emergency response.
- You have strong organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities.
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement.
- You possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- You have effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/ stress well.
- You are flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
- Previous experience in Somalia desirable.