Plan USA, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
Plan International USA is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for the Advancing Adolescent Health (A2H) in Bangladesh. A2H is a USAID funded $6,000,000 project that aims to empower married and unmarried adolescents (10-14 and 15-19) to increase their knowledge about and access to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and family planning, develop standards for adolescent friendly health services and strengthen the service delivery side by via training, supervision and accountability of health service providers in government run facilities and with formal and informal providers at the community level. The project has two consortium partners who are responsible for all field-level implementation. The project will deliver programming in all eight Upazilas in the Rangpur District, located in the north-west corner of Bangladesh.
- Serve as key liaison with USAID, the Government of Bangladesh, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide overall oversight and management of the project, including managing all activities of sub-recipients.
- Coordinate and oversee all program-focused strategic planning, decision-making, and staff management.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the program, assuring an integrated vision among different components and actors.
- Ensure program performance, achievement of program requirements, and adherence to donor regulations.
Education and Experience:
In order to succeed in this challenging and varied role, you will have:
- A Master's Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant management experience including experience managing large-scale, multi-year USAID-funded programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID, including USAID rules and regulation and reporting requirements.
- Prior experience serving as a Program Director/Chief of Party.
- Strong knowledge of adolescent health programming, family planning, and gender issues programming
- Strong working knowledge of the culture and context of Bangladesh preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required; knowledge of Bangla preferred.