We are looking for a highly qualified Project Field Coordinator will be responsible for co-coordinating the set-up and implementation of a complex multi-million GIZ funded cash for work project in the Wadi Mujib dam area of Madaba governorate. Working under the GIZ Project Manager.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
Project Field Coordinator will provide technical support as well as facilitate linkages with national and local institutions, community stakeholders, and project partners in order to meet the overall program objective of reforesting barren areas around the Wadi Mujib dam in an effort to control sedimentation and water losses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical input and supervision of afforestation and irrigation works on the program site;
- Facilitate daily constructive dialogue between technical partner, national partner, and project staff;
- Engage with local communities in the Wadi Mujib area to cultivate buy-in and local ownership of project activities
- Maintain productive and transparent relationships with institutional partners as well as cooperatives sponsoring the work permits for Syrian refugee cash for workers;
- Meet with the communities (Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians) in order to systematically and efficiently provide information of the GIZ CfW reforestation project in Madaba.
- Cultivate network of local leaders and community stakeholders, encouraging them reach out and disseminate the available information and collect needs;
- Adhere to all work plans created by the Project Manager, ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are achieved on time;
- Perform all tasks as required by the Project Manager and document good practices and lessons learnt;
- Liaise closely with the Livelihood Technical Unit and adhere to any work plans produced in coordination with departments;
- Assist in the regular collection of information regarding beneficiary and community needs to feed in assessments and reports;
- Assist in the enforcement of HAP Principles of Accountability;
- Ensure the application of DRC Code of Conduct and DRC Policies and Procedures.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, irrigation, water management, natural resource management required. Master’s preferred.
- Strong qualifications in agriculture, water management, forestry, irrigation, natural resource management, or relevant equivalent;
- Experience working with rural communities in Jordan around natural resource management;
- Experience working with local and national government entities in Jordan, specifically the Ministry of Agriculture, Jordan Valley Authority, and/or Forestry Department;
- Experience working with vulnerable communities and associated stakeholders;
- Experience working in a team environment, both as a leader and collaborator, required;
- Ability to think creatively and be solution oriented;
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites and to work during irregular working hours;
- Ability to write reports in a timely fashion;
- Computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Understanding of the socio-economic conditions and needs of Syrian refugee populations preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and to work with a wide range of government and community counterparts, and other actors;
- Customer-service oriented, able to manage competing priorities, and resourceful in problem solving.
- Applicant must be willing to make early commutes to project site for start of work day. Commutes will be personal time however can potentially be compensated by shorter work days or increased annual leaves.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
- Arabic (fluent)
- English (excellent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six months including three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of National Employment F.