Project Finance Associate, Mekong Program
PATH, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
PATH seeks a Project Finance Associate to provide financial and administrative support to a number of projects. Under the guidance, supervision and direction of the Finance Manager (FM), the Finance’s specific responsibilities include:
- Complete documentation of financial transactions in compliance with PATH and donor regulations prior to inputting into the accounting system.
- Input financial and accounting data into the computerized accounting system and create payment vouchers for approvals.
- Coordinate with the bank on banking issues such as unidentified banking transactions, bank statement follow-up.
- Handle bank cash withdrawals, bank transfers and other bank related transactions if required.
- Manage filing of project financial documents.
- Assist with financial monitoring of sub-recipients expenditures.
- Review project payable account and track payment record of sub-awards, consultants, work orders, purchase orders, training/workshop/meeting payments and travel.
- Keep tracking system up-to-date and ensure timely payment as well as avoid double payments.
- Track advances in accordance with advance policy and notify staff of outstanding advances.
- Responsible for recording and tracking list of project equipment when required.
- Support in preparation of Field Office Financial Report (FOFR): Scan the completed vouchers and FOFR documents, assist the FM with the monthly FOFR preparation as requested.
- Serve as back up support to the Office Finance and Administrative Associate with office finance and admin works, to FM and other Finance team members when needed.
- Assist project teams to prepare for workshops, trainings, meetings, procurement and other project activities as needed.
- Assist with translation of project related documentation.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, skills in Quickbooks accounting software a plus.
- Well-organized and attention to details skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent Vietnamese and good English skills.
- University graduate with finance/accounting background preferred.
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Experience working with INGOs a plus.