Fhi 360, Tabora, Tanzania
Closing Date for Applications:
As part of an initiative to increase professional opportunities in Social and Behavior Change (SBC) and advance career development in SBC, the interns will be assigned work in the three result areas mentioned above in the development of SBC interventions, community SBC implementation and capacity building initiatives for HIV prevention, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning and reproductive health and maternal and child health, and eventually use the opportunity to learn and acquire practical experience in SBC interventions.
- Coordinate logistics for, actively participate in and record minutes for SBC meetings, workshops, launches and events
- Assist in the development of communication strategies and multi-channeled SBC campaigns, including the design and production of mass media, community outreach and interpersonal communication materials
- Work closely with the research team to ensure that campaign messages and materials are pre-tested appropriately and that the results of the pre-test are incorporated into revised materials
- Advance the SBC team’s agenda to integrate digital media into programming
- Conduct an inventory of partner/stakeholder’s current SBC messaging in USAID Tulonge Afya project areas
- Help to establish a coordinated materials distribution system
- Assist in the training, roll-out and monitoring and evaluation of USAID Tulonge Afya’s community resource kits
- Carry out formative research as needed
- Regularly report on progress through status sheet updates and meetings with the SBC team
- Other tasks, as requested by the SBC team
- Bachelor’s degree in a Public health-related field or in social sciences majoring in communication, social and behavior change communication, community development or similar fields or Students pursuing Master’s degree in Public health-related field or in social sciences
- Proven knowledge and skills in digital media applications and social media are an added advantage.