About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Position: Project Lead – LSC Collaborative
The Girls’ Education (GE) Project Lead spends his or her time providing direct support to the GE Program Associate (PA) and report to the State Manager. The work will entail leading the Life Skill Collaborative in the state and working 1:1 and in groups with PAs to ensure they are effective in their roles. The Project Lead is also responsible for aspects of program administration such as reviewing and analyzing program data collected by Program Coordinators (PAs) and Government Officials (as per program design), provide support to team in engaging of govt. departments (Skill & Employment, WCD, Education Department) and liaising with various government departments for smooth implementation of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaison and support Government officials in planning, execution and monitoring of Project related work.
- Document and draft official letters and proposals, file noting, presentations, etc.
- Develop monitoring strategies and ensure timely implementation of program requisites
- Support on Data Collection and Reporting to provide data-based decision making
- Organize and facilitate/lead meetings and events with multiple stakeholders
- Coordination with various state departments and external parties (Skill & Employment, WCD ,Education Department etc .) involved in execution of vocational/skill education
- Networking and advocacy with state and district administration
- Keep the self-updated with latest schemes and govt. programs relevant to the skill ecosystem
- Collaborate with internal and other state’s team to use and share learnings and practices
- Develop a strategic roadmap for RTR-GEP/ Life skills presence in the state
- Responsible to lead meetings and deliver presentations
- Flexibility to travel within and across states
Liaising, networking and building linkages
- Discussion and sharing update with State & district level education departments and government institution about the program.
- Provide support to state head in creating visibility for GEP in the state.
- Exploring opportunities in various level (state, district, block, and cluster) for sharing update/best practices about program.
- Able to work with different government departments to align with their budget priorities
- Track implementation and spending patterns of the project, ensure monthly budget forecast
- Timely completion of project activities and coordination with team embers for same
- Provide regular updates and inputs to INCO PO/PM on quality implementation.
Documentation & Data management
- Able to write high quality project reports, events, donor reports
- Able to bring forth thematic focus write-ups,
- Should be well versed in data collection, data analysis and data presentation
- Master’s degree in education/Social work/development studies/Gender or social sciences.
- Experience of working in the areas of elementary/secondary education, girls education, gender , school development and life skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Well versed with English and Hindi
- Knowledge of the government system working in the state
- Ability to travel frequently and spend time in the field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi/or the local language of the state where position is based
- A range of 5 – 12 years’ experience in working
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Well versed with technology options in program and data management