Project Management Advisory Specialist
UNOPS, Port-au-prince, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
Through this vacancy announcement, UNOPS - Urban and Rehabilitation Unit - intend to identify a Project Management Advisory Specialist who is able to support to the successful completion of the following project goals.
- Build the capacity of the Government of Haiti’s primary social housing agency, the Entreprise Publique de Promotion de Logements Sociaux (EPPLS), under the Ministère des Affaires Sociales et du Travail (MAST), and the unit in charge of the housing reconstruction under the Primature, the Unité de construction de logements et bâtiments public, UCLBP, by integrating them from the start of the project and developing its strengths in project management, data management and all related aspects of sustainable management of social housing initiatives.
- Develop the site through an integrated approach, including core houses, infrastructure, services, public spaces and amenities;
- Enable a self-sustainable community, establishing core house, which residents can modify and expand in the future, as well the creation of governance bodies and programs to allow the necessary institutional involvement and long-term sustainability of the project;
- Demonstrate financial feasibility and replicability, providing a financially sound and operationally practical model for affordable housing development in Haiti;
- Become the benchmark for sustainable housing development in Haiti, by integrating sound environmental practices that are adapted to the Haitian context; and
The Project Management Advisory Specialist, in close coordination with the Project Manager will focus on building government capacities within the institution in order for EPPLS/UCLBP to successfully engage in project management, data management and housing financing and developments. In this manner, EPPLS will acquire the ability to engage future social housing developments and become the main institution driving the Titayen housing site, making the project institutionally sustainable and replicable. The specific capacity-building goals entail the following:
- Improved data management to monitor all of the existing and future cases;
- Improved project management capacity to tackle all future projects and to grow sustainably;
- Improved definition of EPPLS/UCLBP roles and responsibilities;
- Improved assets management system and
- Improved human resources management system.
Coordination and Liaison
- Coordinate and Liaise with PM on the progress of operational issues;
- Coordinate and maintain close contact with relevant parties in the UNOPS HTOC central operations unit.
- Coordinate and Liaise with various partners/agencies involved in the Titanyen integrated construction and community development program.
Monitoring and Reporting
The Project Management Advisory Specialist will report to the Project manager
- Weekly operations updates at the central operations meetings
- Weekly operations reports
- Monthly-consolidated report on operational progress.
- Assist the PM in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations;
- If required, assist in drafting Terminal report;
- Assist in assessing different phases of project implementation and share “lessons learned” with the Project Team/Staff and Management.
Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Project Management or other relevant discipline.
- Complete PRINCE2 certification and UNOPS Project Management Foundation course (within one year after signing this TOR)
- Additional 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in combination with a relevant bachelor’s degree, may substitute for the requirement for a master’s degree.
- 7 years of relevant professional experience in Public Administration or related field specifically with the Haitian government ;
- Experience in Finance/Budget Administration
- Experience in Human Resources Management
- Written and spoken English and French is a requirement
- Knowledge of Creole is an asset