The UNOPS Sudan office is based in Khartoum and works closely with the Government of Sudan and international partners to support humanitarian response, recovery and development initiatives. UNOPS is the United Nations sector lead for the Basic Infrastructure Sector in Sudan and helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including: water resource management, education, census and elections, human resource management and mine action.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Management Support Officer will be responsible for:
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Coordinate information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures
- Coordinate assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Project Manager on the implementation progress.
- Identify and escalate to the Project Manager of any deviations from the plan and update plans.
- Work with Project manager to identify and manage risks.
Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS) and OneUNOPS Projects – as appropriate.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Facilitating processing of direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Manage the preparation of financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Monitor budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Conduct financial analysis to manage and calculate financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Conduct budget revisions and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary.
Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Establish a solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Supports the Project Manager in communication between the project and the Donor.
- Manage communications with stakeholders and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Supports the Project Manager to advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
Knowledge management and innovation
- Actively seeks advice and coordinates donor engagement with the UNOPS Partnerships Liaison Office.
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format and the PMM.
- Actively contribute to building local capacities at every level and opportunity in Project Management Support.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques.
- University degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) + 2 years of experience
- Technical degree + 4 years of experience
- Secondary School diploma + 6 years of experience
- PRINCE2 Foundation or similar certification is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years relevant and progressive professional experience (or more, depending on the academic credentials), specifically in the field of Project Management or Project Management support, preferably with focus on planning, stakeholder management, monitoring and reporting is required.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing reports for donors and partners is required.
- Fluency in English is required.