Project Manager – Forum Syd (Sweden) funded Project
Organization Functioning for Eytham’s Respect (OFFER - IR) - Islamic Relief, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Manager is responsible for quality delivery of a Forum Syd funded project to strengthen the marginalised Civil Society Organisations to advance UNSDGs for Inclusive Development. H/She will provide strategic support to OFFER-IR in strengthening partnerships and networking with other organisations and civil society members. The incumbent will also contribute in the implementation and resource mobilisation for various projects across the country for development programmes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To manage the Project funded by Forum Syd in line with international best practices and relevant guidelines.
- Lead on successful implementation, monitoring of the project and delivery of targets with high quality.
- To ensure that all donor commitments are timely fulfilled and the project achievements are in line with donor commitments.
- Responsible for line managing the project team and lead them towards achievement of project outcomes.
- Will develop strategic rights-based partnerships with other civil society and development networks/forums.
- Responsible for building partnerships, partnership management and capacity building of partner organisations.
- Networking and advocacy with Government, INGOs and other civil society members.
- Responsible for ensuring donor compliances and high-quality reporting to the donor, with meeting deadlines.
- Ensure effective systems including robust MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) system’s.
- Ensure development of tools, platforms for creating access to knowledge, information and dissemination.
- Oversee the documentation of the programme, the best practices and the lessons learnt.
- Responsible for the project budget management including monitoring of expenditures against budget lines and ensuring funds are properly utilised.
- Working closely with Finance and admin/logistics departments to ensure proper coordination and smooth functioning of the project.
- Working closely with other departments and provide support as and when required.
- Contribute in strategic planning, implementation of OFFER-IR’s programmes in India and resource mobilisation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 9-10 years of professional experience in similar position with demonstrated experience of programme development and partnership management.
- Must be Post Graduate in any subject with minimum 9 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in delivering quality programming, on time and budget management.
- Experience in developing project proposals, modules for capacity building, facilitation and conducting capacity building to partner organisations.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Should have sound knowledge and understanding about the working of NGO sector.
- Ability to work independently, willingness to work beyond office hours, weekends and travel frequently within states.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work flexibly in hard-working, multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
- IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to OFFER-IR’s values and mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages is an advantage.
- Ability to undertake significant amount of unaccompanied travel.