OFFER is a philanthropic organization in India, based in Calicut with national office in Delhi working in a most innovative way, for the social, educational and financial upliftment/development of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities. OFFER is a company registered under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860.
OFFER is a Principle implementing partner of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) in India and the position is responsible for IRW funded projects and programmes only.
OFFER is an equal opportunities employer. OFFER encourages people from all faiths to apply. We strongly encourage candidates from minority/SC/ST/women background to apply. OFFER does not discriminate candidates based on caste/religion/ethnicity /gender in its recruitment. People from all faiths work with OFFER.
Scope of Position
The Project Manager is responsible for quality delivery of the project to economically and socially empower the orphans, other vulnerable children and their caregivers by creating sustainable livelihoods options and promoting access to their rights and entitlements. Additionally, the project also focusses on developing a robust community-based protection mechanism for promoting safe environment for children.
H/She will provide strategic support to OFFER-IR in strengthening partnerships and networking with other organisations and civil society members in Bihar.
The incumbent will also contribute in the implementation and resource mobilisation for other projects in Bihar for development programmes.
- Ensure coordination, implementation, monitoring of the overall project and delivery of targets with high quality.
- Conduct regular planning and review meetings with the field team to ensure that all deliverables are met on schedule and within budget.
- To ensure that all donor commitments are timely fulfilled, and the project achievements are in line with donor commitments.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other civil society and development networks/forums locally.
- Networking and advocacy with Government, INGOs and other civil society members.
- Provide support to ensure donor compliances and high-quality reporting to the donor, with meeting deadlines.
- Ensure effective systems including MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) system’s and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Strictly complies to and promotes Child Protection and Safeguarding policies of the organization.
- Ensure development of tools, platforms for creating access to knowledge, information and dissemination.
- Oversee the documentation of the programme, the best practices and the lessons learnt.
- Responsible for the project budget management including monitoring of expenditures against budget lines and ensuring funds are properly utilised.
- Working closely with Finance and admin/logistics departments to ensure proper coordination and smooth functioning of the project.
- Provides support in recruitment of field staff and mobilizes short term technical consultants or personnel replacements in close coordination with the Line Manager and OFFER-IR’s HR Consultant.
- Provides guidance and support for staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed.
- Working closely with other departments and provide support as and when required.
- Contribute in strategic planning, implementation of OFFER-IR’s programmes in India and resource mobilisation.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Ensure that program support functions are established and maintained in accordance with OFFER-IR’s International policies and procedures.
- Any other work given by the Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 8-12 years of total professional experience in similar position with demonstrated experience of programme development and management
- Must be Post Graduate in any subject with minimum 2 years’ experience in administrative work (relevant experience on child rights, child sponsorship relationship or Livelihood-Based Social Protection for Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children families will be an added advantage).
- Experience in delivering quality programming, on time and budget management.
- Experience in developing project proposals, modules for capacity building and facilitation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Should have sound knowledge and understanding about the working of NGO sector.
- Ability to work independently, willingness to work beyond office hours, weekends and travel when required.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work flexibly in hard-working, multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
- IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to OFFER-IR’s values and mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages is an advantage.
- Ability to undertake significant amount of unaccompanied travel.