WHO - World Health Organization, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Functional review of WCOs in the EM Region is aimed at strengthening capacities for enhanced effectiveness in the work of WHO at the country level involving 22 countries. This is linked with the Regional Director’s road map, the ongoing efforts of a Global Transformation Agenda and the 13 GPW. The implementation plan of the functional review will be led by the Steering Committee that will oversee the transformation process and will be managed under the Country Focus Support unit by the FRCT composed of the Organization Design Specialist, Career Transition Advisor and Restructuring Officers that will implement the plans and monitor progress. The Project Manager is the Team Lead for the FRCT.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As the Lead of the FRCT, the incumbent's tasks will be as follows:
- Lead and manage the work of the FRCT in close coordination with EMRO and HQ related Divisions.
- Identify potential barriers to successful realignment at regional and country offices, monitor resistance to change disseminating lessons learnt.
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions to overcome barriers and monitor the implementation to ensure the success of the FCRP.
- Design a change management methodology to guide the work of the restructuring officers as they design the strategies of each WCO.
- Advocate with the Organizational Design Specialist and Restructuring Officers to ensure alignment between transformation strategies and the capacity of WCOs.
- Liaise and engage with senior management at regional and headquarter level to ensure alignment with the Global Transformation Agenda and the GPW13.
- Ensure that ongoing changes are integrated into Regional communication strategy to keep all parties informed.
- Perform risk analysis and propose risk mitigation measures and accordingly provide operational and strategic recommendations to the Steering Committee and necessary actions to achieve the FRC objectives.
- Ensure that all project related activities are undertaken within the committed timelines and are reported regularly to the Steering Committee.
- Essential: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human resources/personnel management, Industrial relations, public administration, social sciences or any other related field
- Desirable: Proven experience in project management, change management, organizational and behavioral change and continuous business improvement.
- Essential: At least 10 years of progressive experience in managing projects within a large multicultural organization. Country level experience and knowledge of the field inclusive of country office interaction and UN reform. Experience in change management principles and practices.
- Desirable: Knowledge of WHO and/or UN system, processes and procedures inclusive of experience in managing large and complex change management exercises in the UN. Good knowledge of organizational design.
- Proven skills to manage large and complex organizational projects.
- Proven knowledge in changing management principles, practices, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Excellent knowledge of HR Management Principles.
- Ability to analyze complex data and provide candid presentation for the steering committee and internal, as well as external stakeholder in the process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as visual design
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Producing results
- Driving WHO to a successful future
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of Arabic and/or French